Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KS Owners Refund usefull info

(Topic created on: 27-11-2018 04:14 PM)
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

I thought it might be useful just to have this thread with all the useful links, reference numbers but not for discussion. Letters sent and received yes please and any info to help people make their case.

75 REPLIES 75
Andy41
Journeyman
Options

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of this, I bought my UE49KS8000 through Currys using their finance, I paid that off in 3 or 4 months so am no longer under it, but would like to make a claim as this was a selling point. Only when I was looking in the black friday sales at smart devices for our home did I remember this point and, thats how I found this thread.

From start to finish what process should I follow for Currys? I can see that so far no one has had success with them, but should I start by emailing their customer service team, or bypass them completely (as they are useless and ill-informed most of the time) .

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Andy41 wrote:

I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of this, I bought my UE49KS8000 through Currys using their finance, I paid that off in 3 or 4 months so am no longer under it, but would like to make a claim as this was a selling point. Only when I was looking in the black friday sales at smart devices for our home did I remember this point and, thats how I found this thread.

From start to finish what process should I follow for Currys? I can see that so far no one has had success with them, but should I start by emailing their customer service team, or bypass them completely (as they are useless and ill-informed most of the time) .

Please could you use the hashtag owners refund thread as this is used for info. To answer you question you must first contact Curry's customer service. Use one of the letters posted here as a template. Curry's have not paid out yet but that doesn't not mean they won't. 

Andy41
Journeyman
Options

This may be useful for anyone who purchased through Currys - it's the advert they used to have on their website which clearly mentions the SmartThings ability and the Free dongle.

https://web.archive.org/web/20161012053844/http:/www.currys.co.uk:80/gbuk/samsung-tv-technology-1888...

If the page fails to load just refresh it.

Sebinho9
First Poster
Options

I know technically wrong thread but to reply to the Curry’s point-  this chimes with my experience of Curry’s. I first bought a 78KS9000 in Dec 2016 but it had a screen fault. I was within 30 days so sent it back and bought the 78KS9500 instead for the full array backlight.

That then stopped working in 2017 (turning off randomly) and Curry’s only agreed to fully refund after they had tested it, so I put pressure on them (probably a massive gamble) and bought another so I wouldn’t be without it for weeks. In the end they did refund fully.

Since then the TV has been moderately stable (some random blank screens and often suspicions I’m not getting HDR or 4K) but I’m really disappointed by the lack of updates and features which felt like promises. That said there has been degradation in the array local dimming and white blooms across the screen in clouds. I drear going  into battle with Curry’s again but I feel like I have a £5300 white elephant on the wall. It’s about the same size...

Richierich99
Pathfinder
Options

Anyone had any luck with curry's Portsmouth.?

I've about to just go into there store tomorrow and say it how it is and show them what they promised me. 

If they say no or fob me off that's when I'll do my letter... They don't no me so anything can happen. 

Maybe say it infront of customers 

Noveed
Journeyman
Options
Hi all,

Is there a contact email address for Richer Sounds that I can send a mail to kick start the Refund Process please?

Thanks
0 Likes