Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JS9000 Netflix HDR

(Topic created on: 05-04-2017 09:12 PM)
BobTheNorwegian
Apprentice
Options
Samsung Moderator please answer this: When will Netflix HDR be available for the JS series? US models supports this function through firmware 1481, but this has not been implemented for EU users, even though we are now on firmware 1490. 
10 REPLIES 10
AntS
Options

Hi @BobTheNorwegian. :smileyhappy:

No further info on this currently, afraid. Definitely keep a lookout for any firmware updates and updates to the Smart Hub though. 

0 Likes
mercucho1
Student
Options
shame on samsung
0 Likes
jcjim
First Poster
Options

Sounds cliche but it's real: I will never buy a Samsung TV again after this Netflix HDR debacle.

And I'm currently discouraging my friends to buy Samsung too.

Andy_UK
Apprentice
Options

Like so many others, I feel incredibly let down by Samsung and their TVs.  After empty promises of future proofing TVs with Evolution kits, and software upgrades, HDR streaming advertising. I even saw someone successfully sued Samsung for not making evolution kits as promised, lol.

I got a JS9000 as a replacement for my ES7000 after an accident. I really wish I hadn't and will warn people to avoid Samsung innovations/new technology, I feel like a Guinnea Pig half the time with their tech. The JS9000 feels like a step backwards in many smart tv functions. 

How can they continually read their customers wishes and issues and never respond with any useful information? Endless forums of people asking what's going on, asking when will they fulfil their promises,  and no effort on Samsungs part to inform customers what's happening. It seems to be more of a EU/UK issue, the US seem to get more response than us, but it's still pretty poor.

It's just been a terrible customer experience I will endeavour to avoid until I see some dramatic change in corporate care. Even though I love their phones, I've had 4 in a row, I can't bring myself to give Samsung any more money and will switch brand at next renewal.

I am very keen on home automation, but I will not risk adopting Samsung in that area because if my dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer, lights and Smartings stuff is anything like my TV experience my wife will probably divorce me! 

They need to realise what reputational damage they are doing by not caring or communicating.

What's the point of keeping an eye out for firmware updates when they never say what's in them? I kept an eye out for 1490 for ages hoping it did something, and as far as I know all it does is update the version number.

0 Likes
Zejulio
First Poster
Options

100% agreed

I chatted with netflix support few days ago and they confirmed to me that Apps are updated on their side, but they do not control the release processes from manufacturers

Each Samsung entities (US/APAC/EUROPE...) manage their own release process so we have to wait for EU to align with other entities and provide this update that has already been live for a few months in other regions... 

Such delays, and the absence of clarity regarding a realistic timeline from samsung moderators is really damaging

0 Likes
shine6
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Can you please explain us what the Netflix App would be updated in US and not in Europe?

This is barely acceptable foir a worlwide company like Samsung!

Br,

Olivier

Richolf
Apprentice
Options

I noticed today that still no update and I suspect this will never happen.  When I contacted customer services they had no information and were useless, there appeared to be no way of contacting and developers for an answer or release schedule.

Samsumg have been saying that my JS9000 is a 2015 TV and therefore old and does not qualify for any more updates.  It may be 2015 but was less than a year old when the US received their update.

This was the most expensive TV I have ever purchased £2,000 and was intended to be as much as possible future proof. 

I echo the previous posts, I will never again be buying another Samsung TV and possibly another Samsung product

I wonder that if we all lived in a litigious society like the US then we would have had this update for Samsung fear of being sued, not because it was the right thing to do.

0 Likes
BobTheNorwegian
Apprentice
Options
In Norway Samsung released firmware that supports Netflix HDR on may 22.
Richolf
Apprentice
Options

Hi, Thanks fo the update, what firmware are you running ?

0 Likes