Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Mac address

(Topic created on: 12-02-2019 09:14 PM)
Oliviarosejacks
First Poster
Options

I have tried everything shown in previous conversations and my MAC address is still saying 0000 after re setting, turning off extra.

what should I do next? Tv is only over 1 year old 

7 REPLIES 7
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

Go to Network -> status -> IP settings and set DNS to 8.8.8.8

Hope it'll work, if it doesn't work, please give me the Model Code to see if there is any other manipulation to do.

JulsMD64
First Poster
Options

Tried this but it still has Invalid Mac Address error and the Mac Addres has all Zeros

punxundead
Apprentice
Options
Finally I solved this bull***** l... had same problem on my qe65q6, it would only connect via ethernet, when trying to use wifi no networks were found and gave and error about unknown Mac address for the wifi interface.

I tried a factory reset from the service menu, with the only result of remote controller to be unpaired from tv. Press and hold simultaneously RETURN and PLAY/Pause to restore the pairing

SOLUTION

Enter the Samsung service menu/option and set connection from "wired" to 'wifi_int,' shut down and restart tv.

WiFi WORKING properly with all. my neighborhood networks showing up including my hotspot connection.

CONCLUSIONS

Apparently the 'wired' connection specified in the service menu should be read as "wired only" as we have other modes like 'wifi_int_only' or 'wifi_ext only'. Even the factory reset would not revert the 'wired' mode to wifi_int.

NOTES

When wifi is connected if you insert your lan cable back it will prompt you with the question: Do. you want to switch to cable connection? Not sure if answering yes will cause the issue again. In case it does, just re-enter the menu service and change it to wifi_int

If you only use wifi connection, you may just change the value to wifi_int_only
0 Likes
Joe_L
First Poster
Options

Sad, This has been going on for a couple of years and no solution.  I found that if I unpluged separate power and cable block that most of the time the MAC address would come back.  I ordered a new block and replaced the original, and that seemed to help for a while, but now this one is starting to fail a lot more often.  I spent the time to run Ethernet to my TV today in order to bypass the wireless MAC problem.  Too bad, seems Samsung makes a pretty good TV, but without them being able to fix this issue, I am sure I will deal with it until this TV dies then find another brand to replace it with.  

0 Likes
dean13
First Poster
Options
hiya just let you know I have the same problem no wireless Mac address
0 Likes
omararturo
First Poster
Options

I have found the solution!

When it happened, I first thought it would be the TV's wifi module, I bought a new module, but this did not solve the problem. Then I thought that it was a malfunction in the main board and I also changed it, and to surprise, the problem continued. Thus discarding the wifi module and the main board.

Then I tried to update the TV software, but I still had the same problem. So everything pointed to the firmware.

All Samsung TVs have a so-called "Service MENU", which is hidden, look for how to access the internet, in the case of my TV it was MUTE + 1 + 8 + 2 + POWER, the TV must be on the stand by (off but connected to power).

Once inside this menu we will look for the WIFI configuration,

In my case I modified only 3 options, but I recommend verifying a 4 option that in my case was fine, but I have read on the internet that some have it different, verify that the network is in wifi_int.

Option 1: WIFI REGION = A
Option 2: WIFI Provider = And select the last one.
Option 3: BT (bluetooth), in my case it was OFF

Maybe you have to play with the values ​​of option 1 and 2 because they have quite a few values.

When finished I went to the factory reset option right there in the menu, and executed it. They will surely wonder why you made the previous changes if you later went to restart the TV from the service menu. Well on the internet I have seen people who have reset it from the service menu and have not been able to solve it.

I did it this way and it worked, after being almost 2 years without being able to use the TV over Wi-Fi.

I hope my research can help many.

0 Likes
Members_sMdtdSH
First Poster
Options

GU50TU6979

0 Likes