Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove Cheddar from my TV's

(Topic created on: 06-04-2019 03:08 PM)
suaro
First Poster
Options

I have 3  Samsung TV's and would like to remove the very annoying Cheddar app.

This application pops up after some idle time.   To me, this is very virus like.   This happens on all of our Samsung TVs.

I've removed the Cheddar app from the Downloaded app,  a while back and even though its gone,  Cheddar still pops up.

I've seen other complaints about this like here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/How-to-delete-cheddar-other-free-shows-off-my-Sam...

The workaround in the above link did not work for me. 

One of my TV's details is here:

Model Code: UN65MU8000

Software Version:  T-KTMAKUC-1262.0, BT-S

The Cheddar app is completely ruining my experience with Samsung.   It's sad this silly app (Cheddar)  will cause me to switch to another brand and never recommend Samsung TV's to anyone.  One of the most annoying things I've ever encountered. 

Samsung,  please help !

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
MrAudit
First Poster
Options

Did you try removing all of the channels in the TV Plus app? I have the same issue and removed all of the channels within the TV Plus app and hope that solves the problem. 

If it for some reason continues to auto play this awful Cheddar TV station, I am definately going to return it and buy another brand. It's bad enough to have pre-installed apps that I don't want, but to have unwanted apps automatically launching is completely unacceptable.  

0 Likes
Kell15
Journeyman
Options

I haven't noticed this happening til the last few days and it REALLY annoys me. The only thing I can think of that's changed is Disney Plus came online (don't want that either) -- So - how do we get rid of this? Cheddar has always been there but it didn't come on automatically and I D ON'T WANT TO SEE IT.  EVER.  Stupid companies .

0 Likes
Kell15
Journeyman
Options

Cheddar and TvPlus - never watch it. Comes on automatically now starting around Nov. 19.  Get rid of it.

0 Likes