Support

Open search

How do i delete or block bloatware apps on smart tv ?

First Poster

@Endlessproblems wrote:

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/smart-hub-delete-apps/

This page explains that some samsung tvs are like , "a bad store which controls everything and forces users to make purchases they don't want and didn't ask for...".

If this is true this is truly disgusting that we're being forced to have apps which we don't allow or want on our family pc or phones or tablets.

So my question would be if we are unable to delete this junk how can we prevent it from streaming on the default hub ???

These aren't Disney cartoons but adult films which are expensive....but they're playing non stop to our family.

Try this to be able to chose what is playing on startup (because you can't delete or block some of the default bloatware and deleting channels just reduces the mess but doesn't seem to solve it) ...

Press home and go to settings cog . Go to System. Then to Expert Settings. Adjust the Autorun Last App setting to "off" .Turn off tv. Turn on and then go back to Autorun Last App and setting and change it to "on" . 

By doing this I was able to at least make my last used app the one that comes up at start-up. For now anyway . May not work on all models but did for my 8 series tv. (UE55KS8080). WISH YOU WELL.

...and Samsung please calm down the bloatware defaulting to ON, and preventing deletion.

First Poster

Here is how I stopped it autoplaying unwanted channel on startup. Told the tv to open the last used app instead . It was already set to do this but somehow it forgot....

Here is how:

Try this . Press home andand to settings cog . Go to System. Then to Expert Settings. Adjust the Autorun Last App setting to "off" .Turn off tv. Turn on and then go back to Autorun Last App setting and change it to "on" . 

By doing this I was able to at least make my last used app the one that comes up at start-up. For now anyway . May not work on all models but did for my 8 series tv. (UE55KS8080). WISH YYO WELL.

...and Samsung please calm down the bloatware defaulting to ON, and preventing deletion.

First Poster

I just had this new issue on my two year old tv . 

Try this 

.. probably with internet on again...n i P home and go to settings cog . Go to System. Then to Expert Settings. Adjust the Autorun Last App setting to "off" .Turn off tv. Turn on and then go back to Autorun Last App andasetting and change it to "on" . 

By doing this I was able to at least make my last used app the one that comes up at start-up. For now anyway . May not work on all models but did for my 8 series tv. (UE55KS8080). WISH YYO WELL.

Explorer
See that's a broken solution but I can't even be bothered to try as I've long since unplugged my internet from my tv. That's the only real.way to kill this insidious samsung deal which we weren't involved in and should never be in a full.price tv.

That's the real issue. Samsung covertly doing deals with companies to have hard wired adds and apps to make money on top of the couple of thousand we already paid. And it's not like if we pay these hard wired they go away as they won't. They're there for ever. Fudge samsung for this shady junk. It's so sneaky and anti consumer and why they were fined last year and half their management is in and out of prison.

If they wanted to respect their customers they would say this tv is cheaper if you agree to have adverts and apps you can't remove. I'd say no but atleast I'd have the choice. The alternative is disgusting.
First Poster

Turns the it my solution did no completely work ... Yesterday my tv was turning itself on again and turning on to TV plus automatically again .

Now I will have to call support .

Top Liked Authors