Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i delete or block bloatware apps on smart tv ?

(Topic created on: 21-03-2019 08:53 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

JunkJunk

As you can see the above apps won't allow me to delete them.

We have strong views about some of these apps and i don't want our family to have to deal with them on our new expensive smart tv.

We wish to delete them all. Specifically the pay for view cinema apps.

Failing that we need to stop the pay for view cinema app from endlessly  playing when you select live tv.

Not everything it shows is to our liking and it's a temptation to make purchases for the family and leads to arguments.  Its eye candy infront of babies.  Seriously wtf samsung.

When I choose live tv I don't want it to default to these junk channels.

Can anyone help us block the automatic viewing or delete them entirely  ?

We certainly didn't pay less for the tv to put up with advertising in our living room which we don't accept on our other devices.

Ps here's a link of samsung claiming all apps can be removed:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xCgnvolFT24

65 REPLIES 65
Endlessproblem
Pioneer
Options

The only honest reply I've had was from the actual samsung rep I met in pcworld who told me that which I've posted above.  They honestly don't care as these app deals and apps that reinstall every update and ate greyed out etc generate millions of pounds and once customers own the tvs they usually don't care or are unable to do anything about it and it's too late by then.  And the high street shops won't support you as it's not technically a fault...because it's actually a scam.

Beyond that the actual issues with update making it all unusable is just down to them supporting only the latest model or simply being incompetent as seen with so many big tech companies and again just not caring as their focus is on monitoring and selling our data or making deals to install spam in our lives.

Sadly we've seen this happen on our pc..console...phones...And now our tvs.   

Samsung ate sneaky.  By disabling my Bluetooth I'm force to use wifi...If I use wifi it can update and reset itself.  As i need Wi-Fi for the smart tv streaming the tv quietly undoes my choices when I'm distracted haha 

Its like an evil ai! I don't have a cortana or a siri or any ai but I do have an evil samsung smart tv!!!

Issaca
Student
Options

More importantly how and when can we get some more decent apps added. The browser that smart hub uses is outdated and we should be able to see Chrome and Firefox support by now. Not to mention a million of other apps that people would actually use instead of the junk that exists now :smiling-face: 

scorpion143
First Poster
Options

I was sad to find out my new tv has bloatware that i don't use, and i can't remove.

I don't use facebook because of their IP activities monitoring...But Samsung forced their app on my tv 😞

I stoped using samsung phones because of the bloatware in them.

My workaround for this TV will be to cut off the internet connection to the TV, and buy a smart box that i can somewhat control my privacy in.

It's a shame because i really like the interface, remote, smarthings connectivity, and performance of the tv, which i paid for, but it's being used by data hunters. So thanks for nothing Samsung.

0 Likes
Issaca
Student
Options

Yup mostly because of the lack of all Google apps and any useful Samsung I am really debating on moving away from Samsung for my next TV. Sony is based on the Android platform so I am hoping they have a better selection. 

Roddv
First Poster
Options

I  don't buy the statement that "some apps are an integral part of the Samsung system and cannot be deleted." How is Direct TV Now Beta or Google Play Movies and TV and intgral part ? I would prefer You just be honest and say Samsung won't let us delete them because it's  a way for Samsung to earn some extra money from those companies by guaranteeing their apps stay on the TV that, by the way I paid a couple of thousand for and can't even control what apps are installed. Smh

Mabolsa_Ritchie
Apprentice
Options

Exactly Roddv,

Like you, and many others, I am severely pissed off that Samsung want to control MY tv!! I paid for it, and there was no agreement for me to have to put up with ***** that Samsung want to have on there. There are many apps I don't want on there but cannot delete. I've written to Samsung but they don't even have the courtesy to reply. They just don't care about their customers, only the revenue they can make from us whether we like it or not.

I think I'll delve a little further to see what our rights are here. I want this garbage off my TV!!

greenleaf
Student
Options

I agree, I feel annoyed even to have to look at their *****ty product on my living room. A trully disgusting company that will never again see a cent of my money!!!

sup2069
Student
Options
They are not integral, sounds like something a Samsung Public Affairs spokes person would say. All these apps are in in folders, its as simple as deleting them; my take is Samsung got paid by the companies via contract to keep their apps permanently in the firmware. Theres your integral...
0 Likes
Kercough
First Poster
Options

While watching tv my tv just goes to TV + 

this is so annoying ..... I've tried removing and it shows back up!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
AWACE
First Poster
Options

The same with me....
Im very disgusted with the purchase of my 50RU7405 plenty of rubish which I don´t want the first thing I see are movies to buy and unwanted apps which are no possible to remove, just block, even have a special buton for Netflix and other in the remote controler.
The 80% of my movies doesnt work any more, and no AVIs,  no DTS, No wifi 5G !!! ... It is a modern piece of rubish.
I will try to give back to the store... let see if Im lucky.

0 Likes