Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home theatre won't play sound via HDMI (UE65NU7172 + HT-C453)

(Topic created on: 02-01-2019 05:09 PM)
jakudo
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

I had 10 years old Samsung TV (LE40B550) and Home theatre (HT-C453). I had it connected via HDMI and when I played TV or whatever on the TV, the sound was playing automatically from the HT. Now I bought new TV (UE65NU7172), connected everything the same way as it was with the previous TV, but the sound won't play. When i turn on the TV, the HT turn on automatically and the TV correctly set the HT as speaker instead of the internal speaker. But northing got through. It won't play any sound - from TV, from any app, from Apple TV from nowhere. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jakub

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@jakudo wrote:

Hi,

I had 10 years old Samsung TV (LE40B550) and Home theatre (HT-C453). I had it connected via HDMI and when I played TV or whatever on the TV, the sound was playing automatically from the HT. Now I bought new TV (UE65NU7172), connected everything the same way as it was with the previous TV, but the sound won't play. When i turn on the TV, the HT turn on automatically and the TV correctly set the HT as speaker instead of the internal speaker. But northing got through. It won't play any sound - from TV, from any app, from Apple TV from nowhere. Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jakub

Have you set the sound mode to bitstream in the sound settings and not PCM. Also you want to set to Dolby digital+ as well. 

Paul

0 Likes
jakudo
Journeyman
Options

Only for input. For output is not possible, see pictures below:

IMG_1766.jpegIMG_1767.jpegIMG_1768.jpeg

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@jakudo wrote:

Only for input. For output is not possible, see pictures below:

IMG_1766.jpegIMG_1767.jpegIMG_1768.jpeg

Is the tv on the HDMI source channel when you go into the settings? 

0 Likes
jakudo
Journeyman
Options

Tried all sources - TV, HDMI 1 (apple TV), hdmi 3 arc (the home theater), youtube app and everything is the same - can choose only pcm 😕

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@jakudo wrote:

Tried all sources - TV, HDMI 1 (apple TV), hdmi 3 arc (the home theater), youtube app and everything is the same - can choose only pcm 😕

It may be because it is an issue with the nu  series.  Ask the mods here.