Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !

(Topic created on: 09-09-2018 07:10 AM)
Allison_01
Student
Options

I don’t know what happned I unplugged the hdmi from my xbox and my Samsung tv when I went to plug it back it all it does is thisIt says no sourceIt says no source

I have it’s in the hdmi1 plug I tried changing the source we just got this tv it was working before idk what happened someone please help 

Go to solution
37 REPLIES 37
Solution
BrandiO
Apprentice
Options

Thank you! You were right! It was the thunderbolt to HDMI that was not working. I bought one from amazon and it works great now. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH13K8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BrandiO wrote:

Thank you! You were right! It was the thunderbolt to HDMI that was not working. I bought one from amazon and it works great now. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NH13K8S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Glad it is sorted @BrandiO     Are you based in the US ? , I'll  put up a link for the uk customers and obviously other options

Thunderbolt To HDMI Adapter

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Rita21
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue with the HDMI2 showing a red ‘off’ switch. I did unplug and replug a connection without thinking ! It’s says no signal and I dont see how to switch it on again. It’s a new cable, new tv.

110timmydodson
First Poster
Options

Wish someone would figure this out. Seems like very common problem. 

texags
Student
Options

I was able to resolve this HDMI NVR TV connection scenario issue I had. Turned out to be a unfriendly HDCP "handshake" between my NVR and TV. My solution was using a HDMI Splitter that provides the HDCP stripping.

This is the one I used:

Techole 4K Aluminum Ver1.4 HDCP, Powered HDMI Splitter
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DQBY5TX/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_FDbDCbTF3KTAP

0 Likes
Xboxuser
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am facing the same issue. Did you find any solution? Did changing the HDMI solve the problem? 

0 Likes
xylia
Student
Options

hello all,

I've got the same issue, all hdmi are red.

i unplugged them => same result with no hdmi connection

My remote goes wrong as well, the red light turn on and off...

Any idea, just 3 days of use...:'(

0 Likes
xylia
Student
Options
I called Samsung support, they remotely accessed to the tv via internet to perform the tests.
Diag: HDMI card is out of order

Only 2 days, now i have to follow the provider procedure to swap with a new one 😞
BigboyChungus
First Poster
Options

what do you mean by cable?

0 Likes
Xboxuser
First Poster
Options

Hi, i had the same issue mentioned above. I used Amazon's basic hdmi that didn't work. Then I bought a better quality hdmi cable from a local store and it started working. I would strongly recommend you to change your hdmi. 

0 Likes