Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 03:49 PM)
rachk116
First Poster
Options

I hope this is the right place to ask this. 

My Samsung UE40ES7000 is struggling to keep connected to my wifi. When it disconnects, and I try to check the network status or anything to do with the wifi on it, it freezes and switches itself off and then on again. Sometimes I can get it connected but this is only very occasionally.

It can't be anything to do with with my wifi or the distance from my router as the Sky box is underneath it and is working fine. I have had the TV for about 8 years so maybe it's time to upgrade it. I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance

Rach

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
SjorsK
Maestro
Options
The TV might indeed be slightly too old to meets today's standard, wifi was kinda horrible and both the sender and reciever should be compatible.

I would recommend wired internet for a device of this age or use a chromecast.

Alternatively you always can factory reset and try again but I doubt the experience would be extremely good if you somehow get it to work (TVs where not good at wifi 8 years ago)
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would agree with @SjorsK    @rachk116 ,       You can try resets  probably wired internet would likely be best for this model.   2.5 Years  since new firmware but you could check you have the latest  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40ES7000UXXU/

Obviously up to you and if it meets your purposes  but a few changes in Tv technology over the last 8 years and so personally think it may  be worthwhile upgrading   (whilst cannot be certain  problems tend to increase with sets of this age)

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.