Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Bar at side of Ue40es6800uxxu

(Topic created on: 09-06-2018 11:28 AM)
Casdexgem
First Poster
Options

Hi All, hoping you can help as Samsung have been extremely unhelpful and telling me they basically don’t know what this is, and to get it ‘diagnosed’ I have to pay £50 for an engineer- sod that!! Basically I hav a big white bar along the side. I’ve done a firmware upgrade, reset the tv, tried unplugging all devices and nothing works, 

please help! :

image.jpg

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Casdexgem wrote:

Hi All, hoping you can help as Samsung have been extremely unhelpful and telling me they basically don’t know what this is, and to get it ‘diagnosed’ I have to pay £50 for an engineer- sod that!! Basically I hav a big white bar along the side. I’ve done a firmware upgrade, reset the tv, tried unplugging all devices and nothing works, 

please help! :

image.jpg

Hi @Casdexgem, have you tried both a Smart Hub reset and a Fctory Reset?  Have you unplugged for at least 5 minutes. of course may not make difference.  Take it you are out of warranty, should you not wish to go down engineer route you may be able to seek redress from retailer up to 6 years after purchase  (though seems this a 2012 set)    https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes