Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HW-K650 and Two R1 Wirelss Speakers in 5.1 With KS7000 TV

(Topic created on: 24-06-2017 07:31 PM)
podavies
Pioneer
Options

When using the K650 sound bar and two R1 Wireless speakers in surround sound mode over wifi with the latest firmware, The quailty of the sound K650 drops, sounds very muddy. As soon as you use the sound bar on it own, the sound bar improves. this is happening for a quite a few users.

can you help.

1,608 REPLIES 1,608
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Scott, I've tried that multiple times. 

I even unplugged both soundbar and Subwoofer for 24h,but sadly it didn't help. 

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Peejay

Sorry to hear you are still having problems. Did you try a transformers film yet? 

Lee 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

Yes Lee! The Optimus speech at the beginning actually sounds good. But, if you listen very closely it doesn't come from the center channel alone. You can also hear it from left and right channel, like I said earlier I noticed that offscreen narrations in dolby are usually spread across all channels.
Skip to 9:10,the conversation between Shia and his gf. Voices come only from the center channel there, and it sounds like cr*p. Shias voice is tiny.
I'm switching on the fly between k650 and ms650 and there's a huge difference. The sounds other than dialogues sound more or less the same on both soundbars.

The Frauhoffer 5.1 test still clearly shows that subwoofer is completely silent during center channel test 😞

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

Hi Peejay

You must have better ears than me. Lol. I had my head pressed right up against the soundbar and couldn't hear his voice coming from the left and right speaker.  if I get time later I will skip to the bit you told me about. 

Lee. 

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options
Are you playing it from bluray? Maybe a different mix? Although I double checked with Amazon prime version of the movie, and in both versions Primes monolgue plays across all 3 channels (though not as loud on l/r as on center).

Also grouping 2 soundbars and 2 r3's together caused my router to crash. After 2 restarts it finally worked but I think 4 speakers at once is a maximum for it :winking-face:
0 Likes
Madtuts
Explorer
Options

@Peejay84 wrote:
Are you playing it from bluray? Maybe a different mix? Although I double checked with Amazon prime version of the movie, and in both versions Primes monolgue plays across all 3 channels (though not as loud on l/r as on center).

Also grouping 2 soundbars and 2 r3's together caused my router to crash. After 2 restarts it finally worked but I think 4 speakers at once is a maximum for it :winking-face:

It is the same on the blue ray as well I have just checked

we need a test file to check the centre channel and sub together!

anyone got any ideas?

Ian

0 Likes
simon_w
Pioneer
Options

I'm going to author a DD test file tomorrow - watch this space !!

0 Likes
Peejay84
Navigator
Options

thanks simon! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Madtuts, the problem is very clear with Frauhoffer test file

https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ChID-BLITS-EBU.mp4

just put it on a pendrive or play from your tv

you can also use a multichannel sound file and play it directly via multiroom app from your phone

https://www2.iis.fraunhofer.de/AAC/ChID-BLITS-EBU-Narration.mp4

The outcome is the same, subwoofer is completly silent during center channel test

0 Likes
leelazer
Navigator
Options

HI Peejay

I have finally managed to download and try the file you have been using as I couldn't get the link to work before. You are spot on. I get no sub support for the centre channel using that file. Having said that there is no sub support for the rears either.  It could just be that file that is not agreeing with the K650 as when using that file the difference in his voice is really noticeable. However, in a real world situation when listening to voice audio in movies I don't notice any difference even when it's panning around. Also in movies I get sub support for surround explosions. This is saying to me that it greatly depends on how the file is encoded.  Let's hope that Simon can mess about with an encoding that he has added sub support to the centre channel.  🙂  

Lee

0 Likes
scott
Explorer
Options

Definitely getting sub support when Optimus speaks.

0 Likes