Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

HDMI-a issue with UE49NU7100 TV

(Topic created on: 01-12-2018 01:36 AM)
urmstonrichard
Student
Options

I have just purchased a Samsung  UE49NU7100 TV along with a Sony STR-DN1080 AV receiver.  At first the ARC via HDMI worked fine (literally for an hour). But when I came to switch on next time it wasn't working. When I first set everything up there were 3 options to in the Audio settings for TV Speakers; Optical; Home Theatre (the name I'd given to the HDMI-arc port) - that third option has now disappeared. The outcome of this is if I try to watch Netflix on the TV app the sound comes out of the TV speakers rather than the receiver's speakers (and as I have a Virgin cable box plugged in if the receiver source is set to that port the sound from that source plays though the receivers speakers at the same time).

Any ideas how to rectify would be appreciated.

I'm guessing the issue could be with the TV or the receiver or both!

Note: I haven't purchased my 5.1 speaker package yet so I'm running in a 2.0 stereo speaker configuration.

Tags (0)

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@urmstonrichard: Let's start with the TV. Please go to Home > Settings > Sound > Sound Output and you should see your Sony Receiver listed here for selection. This will now play all audio through your STR-DN1080, although you may wish to try an alternate HDMI cable with the HDMI ARC setup to ensure the cable is not at fault. For the receiver if you go to Home > Setup > System Settings > Software Update > Update via Internet you can also check to see if there's any updates available that will resolve your connection issue.
0 Likes
Solution
urmstonrichard
Student
Options

Hi

So I contacted Samsung support who literally told me me to unplug both of them; do factory resets and it actually worked!!

Richard

0 Likes
Ahmet1978
First Poster
Options
Hij doet het niet. Heb geprobeerd wat er boven staat maar niks
0 Likes
Pyro_Fox
First Poster
Options

I just fixed this issue myself with my STR-DN1080 and Samsung 2019 QLED Q60R. The smart TV won't detect the receiver unless you also have another device plugged into the amp like a game console or, like in my case, and old Roku 3. If you are in the receiver's menu or one of it's built in services like Spotify, ARC detection will fail. I didnt even have to power cycle the devices once I figured this out. Just switch the receiver to an input with signal and it worked. With older TVs, you may have to unplug and replug-in the HDMI cable.

0 Likes