Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent and piracy programme on Samsung App /Samsung Smart TV/

(Topic created on: 01-03-2018 12:00 PM)
chavi
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I would like to hereby inform a fraudulent and piracy program currently available in Samsung Apps which i downloaded to my Samsung Smart TV directly from TV Samsung apps- The name of this app is Smart IPTV and website is http://siptv.eu/news/.
This app requested to make a payment , made the payment and 7 days later service turned off,sent a message to info@siptv.eu,  a guy who manages this / no real names just a nickname ''needz'' /   he said he doesn't care about this and when i told that I will go to the police he said- ''what will you say? that you were using a pirated channels?'''
OK, i suppose Samsung cant guarantee that some developers will cheat on users but why a pirated software is located in Samsung Apps? / Got proof of my payments and email received from this guy where he says he is using pirated software/.

43 REPLIES 43
AntS
Options

Hi @chavi.

Doesn't sound good that. What's the model number of your TV? And are you based in the UK or Ireland?

chavi
Apprentice
Options

Hi @AntS

Thanks for the reposne,

I'm using Samsung UA-40F6400   Smart Full HD  3D LED TV ,currently i'm located in another country .

P.S. can send you the email received from this guy, he declared about the pirated programme

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@AntSwrote:

Hi @chavi.

Doesn't sound good that. What's the model number of your TV? And are you based in the UK or Ireland?

I have also seen that app in the Samsung available  apps and yes it is paid for as well. I can not understand why there is not  a free IPTV player?  Or VLC player? 

Paul

chavi
Apprentice
Options

It  free for 20-40 minutes, after offers to make a payment from 5 to 10 USD /depends on the package you choose/, so I paid them,  but after 7 days it asked for a new payment, send an email and was shocked to know that it's fraudulent and pirated...

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Certainly is worrying though may not be possible to police every app. I actually noticed this app was available on the MU6400 but didn't install it. Smart IPTV app states "Play your OTT and IPTV streams on Samsung Smart TV. The application does not contain any channels, you have to add your own."

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
chavi
Apprentice
Options

There is a detailed guide on channel installation in their website - http://siptv.eu =and they also receive payments directly

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JAMES4578wrote:

Certainly is worrying @chavi, though may not be possible to police every app. I actually noticed this app was available on the MU6400 but didn't install  it.  Smart IPTV app states  "Play your OTT and IPTV streams on Samsung Smart TV.  The application does not contain any channels, you have to add your own."

There are not that many apps available through Samsung and few that you have to pay for so I don't think its unreasonable for Samsung to make sure there apps are legitimate. I could understand on an android TV due to the way that works,  but with android you get far more apps to play with. 

Paul

chavi
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the support Paul, indeed, I thought once its in Samsung apps, it's worth trusting, but the email i received from this app holder was pretty disappointing- i don't care about this USD10, just do not like being cheated...

0 Likes
Madasahat
Voyager
Options

I would like to say that Smart IPTV does not give you access to any pirated material. If you need to check this install it and it's free for a week.

You are now complaining about this app but I can bet you were trying to use it to play your m3u streams that you have legit rights to....

I have no trouble with this application or any fraud after I paid for it.

You need to take your issue up with that app developer or just contact bank/paypal and make a claim it's pretty easy.