Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Fitting UE40K5500 to a wall bracket

(Topic created on: 09-03-2017 10:13 AM)
SmartyBloke
First Poster
Options

I have bought an invision wall bracket for my new UE40K5500 tv.

The 4 spacers provided by Samsung for this purpose have no corresponding bolts.

2 Spacers fit into the bottom 2holes but protrude by 22mm on the top 2.

Has anyone found a solution ? Where might you buy suitable spacers and bolts for this model tv?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @SmartyBloke,

We're not too sure on the specs of the wall mount bracket you're using, but here's some information on the types/size of screws you'll need to wall mount the TV.

Wall Mount.PNGVESA Specs.PNG

View solution in context

23 REPLIES 23
Solution
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @SmartyBloke,

We're not too sure on the specs of the wall mount bracket you're using, but here's some information on the types/size of screws you'll need to wall mount the TV.

Wall Mount.PNGVESA Specs.PNG

patricklt
Student
Options

I have the same problem and the answer given is really quite unhelpful. I have a Samsung UE32M5500 LED Full HD 1080p Smart TV which comes with the same spacers (or wall mount adapter). Firstly Samsung is wrong in saying that the correct screw for a 32" set is an M4 - it's actually M8. However, because of the non linear curve of the back the TV 2 of these will protrude more than the others - this just ensures that your TV set is perpendicular when fitted to your wall mount. However, what is exceptionally unhelpful is Samsung not saying what length  VESA screw will be required - certainly a non-standard length and probably 40mm or 45mm, depending on the thickness of the metal on your wall mount. It would have been even more helpful if they'd supplied whatever size was required for use with their spacers. 0 out of 10 for this - but 9 out of 10 for the actual TV, Samsung.

JakxSam
First Poster
Options

Why is there no mention here about the actual length of the spacer supplied with the UE40k5500 TV?

I have just received my UE325520 and the spacer length supplied with this TV by Samsung is 35mm, because I have measured it. The Intec ITB112B TV wall mounting bracket I have purchased is supplied with 14mm M4 screws & 1mm washer.. therefore I require 50mm long screws.

Why do not Samsung or most bracket manufacturers have this information clearly available on the product description - NOT ONLY in the box?

damonathome
First Poster
Options

Hi Particklt,

I have recently purchased the UE32M5520 and have exactly the same issue.  I'd be very interested to hear if you got any joy with the required lenght of the M4 (in my case) screws.  I'm also guesing at 40-45mm. 

patricklt
Student
Options

After some trial and error we found that 50mm M4 bolts worked which we ordered from Amazon. Samsung couldn't have been more unhelpful.

Dunny
First Poster
Options
Ue32m5520 TV needs M4 43mm screws plus the thickness of mounting bracket and any washer. You will need to buy longer ones and cut them down.
0 Likes
Dazlp
First Poster
Options

Just thought I'd add - bought the UE32M5500 TV this weekend, same issue with mounting the wall bracket, used M4 x 50mm screws (from homebase). No need to cut down etc. Worked a treat.

Cheers

0 Likes
Stacie2611
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know how to get the four screws out of the back of the tv? I have used an alon key to loosen them but they won’t come out and I can’t see how the screws will fit in with them still in there? Thanks 

0 Likes
Dazlp
First Poster
Options
Hi. I had the 32 inch version. There was no need to remove any screws but assume it’s the same. You just have to put the black round tube looking things (spacers) in to allow the bracket to sit correctly over the curved back of the tv. You then put a screw thru the bracket, thru the black spacer tube into the hole.
0 Likes