Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Rev 1221 (25th July 2018) - UE55MU7000 and TV Judder

(Topic created on: 30-07-2018 04:43 PM)
Tony_R47
First Poster
Options

Hi Guys

Has anyone got the latest TV Firmware update for their Samsung TV?  I'm getting for my UE55MU7000 TV, Rev 1221 but I don't want too until I know what it will update?

I got the TV on June 12th for World Cup, it came with Rev 1200 and I updated it to Rev 1210.  The pain I'm getting is the Juddering I get for about 1 to 4 seconds in varying times of the day on ANY program, be it, movie, news, cartoons, etc etc through both Sky HD+ box and Freeview through the TV.  I've changed the HDMI cable as I have 4, all 2.0a or b and older ones, makes no differnce.  Netflix or Amazon Prime it judders, yet Samsung say it's NOT the TV.

Judder correction, did 0 for a day, then number 1 for a day then 2, 3, 4 and so on till i got to 9 on Day 10 still getting motion judder, which for a TV for me I think is brilliant, this is starting to become more of an annoyance.

Why do I have to keep changing settings to accomadate each program, that is absolute nuts!!

Your thoughts would be welcome.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I found putting judder set to off and film mode to one , that helped . Tbh tho judder on these TVs is shocking but apparently Samsung do nothing to fix it 

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

Samsung TVs are a juddery mess.  My advice is learn to live with it, otherwise your only option is to take it back and exchange it for a different make.

No one cares at Samsung about fixing these sorts of issues, so I guarantee it will never be sorted and the problem persists over various models.  

Regards

Phil

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Phil12 wrote:

Hi

Samsung TVs are a juddery mess.  My advice is learn to live with it, otherwise your only option is to take it back and exchange it for a different make.

No one cares at Samsung about fixing these sorts of issues, so I guarantee it will never be sorted and the problem persists over various models.  

Regards

Phil

Why put up with it.  Take it back and get a TV that does work.  It may get Samsung to fix this issue. If other TVs can sort it why not Samsung.  Problem is their customer support is not the best.  I only got sorted by going to the UK CEO. 

Paul

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

I've got 1221 update , can't see nothing new 

0 Likes
valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

I got the same tv, and it can be annoying but the picture is mint. i had to send my curved tv back because it was worse to be honest compared to this one. Seems to be a common problem with Samsung tv's and i am very shocked this issue has not been addressed yet? If you do turn off the the auto settings then the picture quality reduces, but i have not done this because i can live with it.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options

Hi Tony_R47,

I,too have just purchased the MU6470 Model and have found watching Live TV there is no judder whatsoever. However when watching recorded programmes through Sky/Humax Box it appears as does lip sync which is out about 1 secondish.Updated TV from 1220 to 1221 and still the problem persists.

Coming from a Plasma TV for a few years the picture is great on this TV..seems it loses quality when watched thru any set-top box..Just my opinion..

Cheers

valleyboy22
Voyager
Options

you must be very luck to have no judder during sports etc, especially rugby or football when the camera angle goes from the players view to looking down on the pitch, u do notice it. Maybe you have the settings turned off and this is why it dont happen, but the picture quality reduces on the tv when this is done.

Gerrymac
Pathfinder
Options
Picture Settings.. Auto Motion Plus is turned Off.
As per my post watching through Sky/Humax HD that's where the problems start. I try and watch Live TV(Terrestial TV) as much as I can.If I had known about this Judder with Samsung TV,s I would have bought another brand.
Tony_R47
First Poster
Options

I have messed with the settings from others who have advised other people what to do!!

I agree, I have noticed when I have changed some settings the picture is a lot less sharp but my judder is constant.  Appreicate the advice.

Spoke with Samsung today and it so annoys me when people don't listen or their English is awful and i need to apologise for people my only language, totally frustrating!!

However, they have assured me, the problem lays with me and NOT my TV, that is the support of Samsung and their *****s they employ!!

I am now speaking to the retailer as this TV is just coming up to 2 months old and see if they will take it back or I'm taking someone to Small Claims Court!

They take your money and leg it and show little support at all!

0 Likes