Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

External subtitles not working UE32M5502

(Topic created on: 14-12-2017 03:48 PM)
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Hello,

Just purchsed a new smart tv, model UE32M5502 and it seems it does not load external subtitles when the movie is streamed via DLNA: plex, serviio. My subtitles are .SRT, in the same folder as the movie is, with the same name.

Tried with adding language code in file name, it does not work either.

How on earth it fails with such a basic thing? Anyone having an idea what to do? Is it the TV, is it the dlna server not knowing how to pass the subtitle?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28
Optimist77
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

The same here. The TV UE49MU6292. No way to show external subtitles. I have tried convert them to .saa, have changed encodings, from USB or via DLNA - no success. Embeded works fine. Very dissapointed in Tizen OS. Even Logitech K400 PLUS keyboard media and function keys do not work.

Do other users have such problems?

DL

0 Likes
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

I have fixed mine. Use Serviio, make a dhcp ip reservation for your TV and inside Serviio console, at Status where you see the tv with its IP, you have to select Samsung J series as the profile instead of whatever is selected by default. Start/Stop Serviio server.

Try this and if it still fails I will provide an xml profile for Serviio, the default one modified a little.

Optimist77
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for reply.

I have tried but problem remains. Something wrong with Tizen I believe (or could be something else) because I cant get external subtitles when playing from USB flash.

Strange - Samsung claims in manual that external subtitles are supported but no way to see them.

I havce tried at least 10 movies with variuos subtitles an no success.

Pitty.

DL

0 Likes
Kobe_jagi
Apprentice
Options

Hello .

Just purchsed a new smart tv, model UE55MU6172 and it does not load external subtitles when the movie is streamed via DLNA. I use Serviio. Interesting is that subs are working on my older model . My subtitles are MOVIE.SRT, in the same folder as the MOVIE is (with the same name). 

I tried Plex server and Plex app for Samsung, but subs are not displayed properly (delay). I don't like Plex app anyway..

Any solution so far?

0 Likes
Optimist77
Apprentice
Options

Nope. And I believe there is no chance until we get software update from Samsung without bugs like this one (I mean external subtitles). I ended with mkvtoolnix (https://mkvtoolnix.download/)

Takes few minutes to multiplex. But at least some solution.

DL

0 Likes
Kobe_jagi
Apprentice
Options

Tnx for reply.

My 8 years old model can play mkv with ext subs, but 2017 model can't... 😕

Expected update releas? :smiling-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Solution
Optimist77
Apprentice
Options
Good one! Just checked for update and found new one ver 1155.1 (dated 2017.12.27)
AND it is working now :smiling-face:
DL
roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

Don't bother with Plex. 

I switched to Serviio and chose the dlna profile for my TV, in the Serviio console, as Samsung J series and now the subs work

Solution
Kobe_jagi
Apprentice
Options

Hey fellas.

As you suggested I switched back to Serviio server and set profile and now the subs work. 

Tnx very much for advice., it really helped.

0 Likes