Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Error while opening Netflix

(Topic created on: 06-02-2018 07:16 PM)
tsouts
Student
Options

Hi all, I have a Samsung UE40ES5500WXXH and when I try to open Netflix I get the error:

Unable to connect to netflix. Please try again.

I reinstalled netflix, changed Smart Hub country, changed the router, but still cannot open Netflix. Every other app loads and works perfectly.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tsouts
Student
Options

Strangely enough the problem is fixed with the following solution:

While viewing the error, I pressed "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up" and on the menu I selected "Try Again".

Then I restarted Netflix App, I got the login screen and it worked.

View solution in context

43 REPLIES 43
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

wrote:

Hi all, I have a Samsung UE40ES5500WXXH and when I try to open Netflix I get the error:

Unable to connect to netflix. Please try again.

I reinstalled netflix, changed Smart Hub country, changed the router, but still cannot open Netflix. Every other app loads and works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Hi @tsouts,  I would check you have the latest firmware and if not you can update via USB.  The latest for your model is  2008.0 http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40ES5500WXXH.   However you may need to reset the Smart Hub, if other apps are loading and working fine  fine fine then seems it is not a connection issue, any speed issues should only affect you when streaming content.  Advice from Netflix, though it may not be this specific error https://help.netflix.com/en/node/22213.

If matter still not resolved think you should contact support, unless further assistance can be provided here.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Solution
tsouts
Student
Options

While viewing the error, I pressed "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up" and on the menu I selected "Try Again".

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

wrote:

Glad you've managed to solve the issue @tsouts anyway ,  even if took a bit of effort.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
TravelMono
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issues, and i found this solution elsewhere on the internet. But it does not work for me. I tried all the steps reocmmended by netflix and samusung but still nothing. Netlfix works on all other non Samsung TVs in the house, and all other apps work on the Samsung TV. 

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TravelMono.

What model of TV do you have? Could you tell us what you're getting and what troubleshooting steps you have taken?

0 Likes
TravelMono
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @TravelMono.

What model of TV do you have? Could you tell us what you're getting and what troubleshooting steps you have taken?

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply

I have a UN32H5500AKXZL

When I try to connect to netflix it says "couldnt connect to netflix" ..."Code: ui-800-2"

I initially tried all the advice given to me by netflix

• Restart your smart TV
  • Sign out of Netflix
  • Reset the Smart Hub

Thats didnt work, so i searched online and it said to delete the app and reinstall, and also the advice about the buttin sequence you mentioned. Neither worked for me.

regards

George

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @TravelMono.

Could you tell us the software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
TravelMono
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisM wrote:

Hi @TravelMono.

Could you tell us the software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung.

@ChrisM

Hi,

The software version is - T-MST14UABC-2180.4

0 Likes
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Thanks! Where did you purchase it from? 

0 Likes