Support

Open search

Error while opening Netflix

Highlighted
SOLVED
First Poster

Hi all, I have a Samsung UE40ES5500WXXH and when I try to open Netflix I get the error:

Unable to connect to netflix. Please try again.

I reinstalled netflix, changed Smart Hub country, changed the router, but still cannot open Netflix. Every other app loads and works perfectly.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
First Poster

Strangely enough the problem is fixed with the following solution:

While viewing the error, I pressed "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up" and on the menu I selected "Try Again".

Then I restarted Netflix App, I got the login screen and it worked.

3 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser

wrote:

Hi all, I have a Samsung UE40ES5500WXXH and when I try to open Netflix I get the error:

Unable to connect to netflix. Please try again.

I reinstalled netflix, changed Smart Hub country, changed the router, but still cannot open Netflix. Every other app loads and works perfectly.

Any ideas?

Hi @tsouts,  I would check you have the latest firmware and if not you can update via USB.  The latest for your model is  2008.0 http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40ES5500WXXH.   However you may need to reset the Smart Hub, if other apps are loading and working fine  fine fine then seems it is not a connection issue, any speed issues should only affect you when streaming content.  Advice from Netflix, though it may not be this specific error https://help.netflix.com/en/node/22213.

If matter still not resolved think you should contact support, unless further assistance can be provided here.

First Poster

While viewing the error, I pressed "Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up" and on the menu I selected "Try Again".

Superuser
Superuser

wrote:

Glad you've managed to solve the issue @tsouts anyway ,  even if took a bit of effort.

Top Liked Authors