Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby Digital Plus Not Working in Samsung M5570

(Topic created on: 05-07-2018 05:01 PM)
Kaustav1990
Apprentice
Options

Dear All, 

I'm trying to find out a solution for this issue since last 1 month, but not able to figure it out. Having samsung smart tv M5570, which was connected through HDMI V2.0 to my Sony BDV-E4100. Now my issue is, not getting dolby digital plus audio in my sound system. Like if i play a movie in netflix, and tv audio set to dd+, sound system not giving any sound. Any suggestions please. To activate dd+.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Kaustav1990
Apprentice
Options

Dear community members and developers please support for my problem. 

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options
If something does not work on a new telly send it back and get a replacement rather than being messed around. Everything should work as advertised from day one.
Paul
0 Likes
Kaustav1990
Apprentice
Options

@paul1277 wrote:
If something does not work on a new telly send it back and get a replacement rather than being messed around. Everything should work as advertised from day one.
Paul

TV older than 6 months and Sound system already taken 1 month back. Return is not possible. Kindly guide how can i get dd+ sound in my sound system. 

0 Likes
Phil12
Voyager
Options

Hi

We were watching a film on Amazon Prime, and I have the TV connected to the AV amplifier via an optical cable (couldn't get ARC to work so gave up with that).  On a couple of occasions the amplifer displayed Dolby Digital Plus being received, so it is possible.

Our audio output settings on the TV are set to "bitstream" I think, which should delivery them unchanged if supported.

Regards

Phil

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Phil12 wrote:

Hi

We were watching a film on Amazon Prime, and I have the TV connected to the AV amplifier via an optical cable (couldn't get ARC to work so gave up with that).  On a couple of occasions the amplifer displayed Dolby Digital Plus being received, so it is possible.

Our audio output settings on the TV are set to "bitstream" I think, which should delivery them unchanged if supported.

Regards

Phil

My friend has a Hisense and that sends a raw audio which when playing atmos films is recognized as atmos on a Denon receiver using the arc. If you can not send a dd+ signal via arc then I would question the tv and think it might be a fault. 

Paul

0 Likes
Kaustav1990
Apprentice
Options

@paul1277 wrote:

@Phil12 wrote:

Hi

Regards

Phil

My friend has a Hisense and that sends a raw audio which when playing atmos films is recognized as atmos on a Denon receiver using the arc. If you can not send a dd+ signal via arc then I would question the tv and think it might be a fault. 

Paul

Yes in my case TV audio muted once dd+ selected. And dd+ content tried with ARC and optical cable but no luck 

0 Likes