Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curved tv update greyed out

(Topic created on: 21-03-2019 07:21 PM)
Ann63
First Poster
Options

I cannot update my tv as the button is greyed out. When I press it the message 'service not available ' comes up. Having issues with some apps not working all the time  but cannot update. Anyone had similar issue?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Woshiyan
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung TV! 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Woshiyan@Ann63 ,     Does this happen  with both the auto and USB update?   Firmware  is generally available firstly via USB  and the relevant firmware will be on The Samsung support site  , type model no in here if uk based https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/

It does help with queries if you list your model no.    Should there still be issues at this point  I would suggest switching of at mains for a minute and factory reset to see if it is resolved.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Barbiedoll61
First Poster
Options

I can't watch iplayer at all - my sister has received an automatic upgrade during this week, but my tv has not.  Why are these settings greyed out.   ITV and all the other features are working.  Please answer me; I understand there are hundreds of very upset people complaining about Samsung TV's at this moment.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Barbiedoll61: What is the model number of your TV? If you have an H range model then please attempt the steps below to enable iPlayer.
1) Power your TV off from the mains.
2) Wait 30 seconds.
3) Power your TV back on.
4) Wait 5 minutes, but DO NOT press the Smart Hub Button – during this time, the Samsung Smart Hub will be updated.
5) Power your TV off at the mains again.
6) Wait 30 seconds.
7) Power your TV back on.
😎 BBC iPlayer will now be restored.
0 Likes