Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Connecting Samsung Galaxy S7 phone to my Toshiba 32DV502B TV

(Topic created on: 29-08-2018 06:59 PM)
Sarndie
Journeyman
Options

Hi ,I wonder if you could assist ,as the following is giving me a headache,I use the ifollow app to watch efl championship matches on my phone,Is anyone able to advise if i can connect my phone to my tv ,so that my Dad can also watch the match easier.The issue i have is that i have a telly that is not new ,the Toshiba 32DV502B.I have a Tecevo bluetooth receiver that i have tried to connect to my tv,but this does not seem to work.All Advice appreciated as it would enable us to watch a local football derby match ,that Sky have chosen to show via the now tv app this year.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

W00T! :smiling-face: :sun-with-face:

No worries – glad it’s working! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Reading around, there appears to be mixed experiences when it comes to mirroring video streams with a Roku, but I hope that it works fine for you on matchday.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AntS
Options

Hi @Sarndie:smiling-face:

I found these specs for your telly, but as it's another manufacturer I'm not 100% sure what'll work.

What I do know is that the S7 doesn't support MHL, so you'd need a wireless connection of some sort to do what you're wanting here.

If you've got a stable Wi-Fi connection then a compatible casting device/dongle such as a Chromecast plugged into your TV's HDMI port might work for you. There's some official Chromecast guidance here, and specific to Android devices here, if you want to check them out for any pointers.

Out of curiosity, which club do you support?

Sarndie
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your advice,i will investigate further.

I also have a now tv stick and Roku Stick in my tv hdmi ports,and i have successfully managed to mirror my kindle fire 10 inch to my tv,but i cannot get the ifollow app on my kindle.

Myself and my Dad support Norwich City FC ,and we used to attend matches when i was younger.

AntS
Options

I'm a Blackburn Rovers supporter myself. (My Dad's a Leeds supporter though.)

And no worries. :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: Are you able to screen mirror using your Roku stick? (You'd need Smart View on your S7 too, if you don't already have it.)

0 Likes
Sarndie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your reply.

I have added Smart View to my phone,but it does not seem able to connect to the Roku.

I am able to control my roku app on my tv from my phone.

Leeds, Yes they

played well against Norwich.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

When you fully pull down the Notification panel from the top on your S7, anything coming up when you click into 'Smart View' and it does a scan for available devices?

Screen Mirror.JPG

0 Likes
Sarndie
Journeyman
Options

Hi,I have just had another try and for some reason it has decided to connect to my Roku Stick on my tv today and it is mirroring my phone totally.I am so Happy,Thank you for all your help 😁😁😁😁🧣🧣🧣.

Solution
AntS
Options

W00T! :smiling-face: :sun-with-face:

No worries – glad it’s working! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses: :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Reading around, there appears to be mixed experiences when it comes to mirroring video streams with a Roku, but I hope that it works fine for you on matchday.

0 Likes
Sarndie
Journeyman
Options

Thanks i am just happy that i have a chance to watch it on ifollow,I have tried watching some videos from my phone on my tv ,and this works,but as it is the 1st time i will use Ifollow,we will just have to wait and see. Sky have announced that they will be showing the Norwich Match on Sky now,but only on the sky red button,and this is not available on Now Tv.