Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buy flat qled or curved one?

(Topic created on: 11-05-2018 01:05 PM)
mmaring
Journeyman
Options

Hi, about your is it better to buy a flat qled or curved qled?

I need to buy a 55" tv and this question could help me choosing the right tv! 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Talí
Helping Hand
Options
I have spoken to allot of friends wo were interested in curved vs flat screens.

The most important thing we talked about is this:

+ How many poeple will be watching the TV at the same time?
- If you are alone and watch tv mostly by yourself curved gives a better watching experience
- If you have allot of family members or friends who watch tv at the same time as you, flat is beter because of the wider looking angle.

+ Do you watch tv at different angles ?
- When using the TV at a fixed position with a fixed sitting position, curved is beter.
- When you are watching tv at different positions throughout the day (dining table, living room etc etc) a flat would be beter because the looking angle of a flat is wider.

So in short:
- if multiple poeple are using the tv = flat
- if you are the frequent/only user =curved

---------
:white-medium-star:Never gonna give you up!:white-medium-star:
Mvg,
T.K.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Talí wrote:
I have spoken to allot of friends wo were interested in curved vs flat screens.

The most important thing we talked about is this:

+ How many poeple will be watching the TV at the same time?
- If you are alone and watch tv mostly by yourself curved gives a better watching experience
- If you have allot of family members or friends who watch tv at the same time as you, flat is beter because of the wider looking angle.

+ Do you watch tv at different angles ?
- When using the TV at a fixed position with a fixed sitting position, curved is beter.
- When you are watching tv at different positions throughout the day (dining table, living room etc etc) a flat would be beter because the looking angle of a flat is wider.

So in short:
- if multiple poeple are using the tv = flat
- if you are the frequent/only user =curved

Hi @Talí Pretty much agree with your observations, though Curved TV's tend to be a bit more limited.  In some cases functions may not be exactly the same in similar models,so there can be other considerations.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrewL
Options
Hi @mmaring

For a bit of insight into the benefits of a curved TV, check out this link: http://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/overview/curved/