Support

Open search

Brand new 55 Q9FN, terrible panel quality

Apprentice

I've been wondering, if Samsung decides to replace the panel on a two week old, 3.5k TV, would that be acceptable to you?

To be honest, I don't know how authorized services obtain panel replacements. How can you ensure that a brand new panel is going to be installed and not a second hand for example?

Black Belt 

@Harry_P wrote:

I've been wondering, if Samsung decides to replace the panel on a two week old, 3.5k TV, would that be acceptable to you?

To be honest, I don't know how authorized services obtain panel replacements. How can you ensure that a brand new panel is going to be installed and not a second hand for example?

If it is only 2 weeks old I would ask for a replacement new telly that why you know it is a new panel.

Apprentice

I'll ask tomorrow but I highly doubt they're going to send to me a boxed new television. They'd probably say that replacement panel is like new TV. Let's see.

Apprentice

Have they confirmed it’s a hardware issue?

Apprentice

Not really, they're replacing the panel due to terrible DSE and banding. I can ask them about the dimming issue and of course I'll check it on the new panel and update you. Sorry I don't have the answer right now.

Black Belt 

@Harry_P wrote:

Not really, they're replacing the panel due to terrible DSE and banding. I can ask them about the dimming issue and of course I'll check it on the new panel and update you. Sorry I don't have the answer right now.

If you bought online or at a major retailer and you are in the first 4 weeks yes you can ask for a refund repair or replacement. After the 4 weeks then they can make 2 attempts to repair then you can ask for refund or replacement. 

Apprentice

@paul Is it like that in US? In Europe where I live, I don't think there's such customer protection regulation (or perhaps I'm wrong).

Samsung support in the country I live told me that they'll try first with a panel replacement and if that doesn't work out it's going to be refund/TV replacement.

Apprentice

Samsung support changed my panel today due to extensive DSE/banding. I saw some improvement with the new panel but still not impressed, though I plan to keep the panel as I don't want to go in that cycle of constantly replacing panels until I find the best one. At least I can't see DSE as much in football/sports now, which was my main concern.

With regarding to the dimming issue, I saw no improvement, it's exactly the same, thus I believe it's a software issue (or a massive issue on panels produced in the Slovakian factory).

Highlighted
Apprentice

Thanks for the update! Did you by chance raise the issue with Samsung during the process?? 

Apprentice

Not really, as I do not speak the language in the country I'm currently living in, and explaining that "issue" would be kind of hard.

I hope we can get it sorted in a firmware update sometime soon!

Top Liked Authors