Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beta Firmware 1159 for 65Q9F 2018 is "bugged"

(Topic created on: 26-10-2018 02:15 PM)
AlexScan
Explorer
Options

Hello,

I put the beta firmware send by David B (German moderator on Samsung Community) and all it's good, better motion, better local dimming ... but the black are completly crushed in HDR !

A friend of mine and me experiment the same bug,  the first 7.5% of black is not visible on the HDR black clipping pattern (no matter which setting you use in Movie mode) and the dark scene in movie are completly "unwatchable".

Can you correct that for the futur official firmware 116x ?

Best Regards.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
AntS
Options

@AlexScan: Is this your model? https://www.samsung.com/fr/support/model/QE65Q9FAMTXXC/

If so, there's a software update with version number 1250.5 available to download from there which should upgrade your TV from the beta.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS, the model you have linked is a 2017 one whilst @AlexScan says he has a 2018 set.  The Beta was 1159 for 2018  models and 2159.1  for 2017.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Ihr-wollt-die-Beta-Software-1159-2018er-TVs-oder-...  The firmware available on the website for 2018 Q9F appears to be 1153.3.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AntS
Options

Cheers @JAMES4578. You're right. My bad. 

All I've been advised is that it's matter of waiting for the next official software version for the model to be released. Unfortunately I'm unable to get any info on that - and hoped that was it. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS No prob, sure you have been busy and in this case hope not realised yet.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@JAMES4578 wrote:

@AntS No prob, sure you have been busy and in this case hope not realised yet.

What a Samsung moderator busy,  never!  LOL. 

From the Big Cheese. 

AntS
Options

LOL! Well, I'm going to blame my faux-pas on the cold virus that's fallen in love with me the past week... and which is making me sound like a cross between Barry White and Marge Simpson at the moment. :winking-face: