Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlight Bleed: Samsung UE49MU6470UXXU

(Topic created on: 25-03-2018 11:04 PM)
davel
Student
Options

Hello,

Just bought my first new Samsung TV (model as in the post's title: MU6470). I am experiencing very noticable backlight bleed, especially when watching letterbox movies. 

I attached a photo below - seems that flash made it look somewhat worse. The backlight was on 15 and the room was dark.

Is that normal for this spec or should I be seeking a refund? Really concerned as the TV just came out from the box - and the backlight is very distracting.

Capture.PNG

31 REPLIES 31
GrinGo91
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, I just bought my tv hours ago, I already sent a note to the retailer and tomorrow morning I'll send one to Samsung, is not cool, minding that these TV's are not cheap and not low range 6 series. Are midrange and supposed to don't have these issues. I've seen the same issue even on top range products.

mccltd
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

i have light bleed in exactly the same places. Did you get any result?

SherZ
Student
Options

Do you have an update on this? I'm having the same problem with my screen, the botom left and bottom right corners are the worst offenders.

0 Likes
davel
Student
Options

Hi,

I replaced the TV three times, every time there has been issue with the backlight bleed - less or more noticeble but still there.

I honestly got fed up with spending half a day packing/unpacking TV, travelling to the retailer and sorting out a swap. I showed picture of the backlight bleed to a Samsung rep at the store,  she admitted that I don't have OCD (!) and that these issue happen often. Backlight bleed varies from set to set - it just depends how lucky/unlucky you get. Third time lucky wasn't the case here - but I settled for what I got.

A little dissapoitning to be honest, seem to be a poor quality control issue that could by solved by the manufacturer.

SherZ
Student
Options

I see, thanks for the update and sorry to hear about your bad experience. I guess I will too try my luck with replacements and hope for the best. This doesn't seem to be exceptional cases so I think Samsung should acknowledge it and do something about all these defective screens..

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@davel wrote:

Hi,

I replaced the TV three times, every time there has been issue with the backlight bleed - less or more noticeble but still there.

I honestly got fed up with spending half a day packing/unpacking TV, travelling to the retailer and sorting out a swap. I showed picture of the backlight bleed to a Samsung rep at the store,  she admitted that I don't have OCD (!) and that these issue happen often. Backlight bleed varies from set to set - it just depends how lucky/unlucky you get. Third time lucky wasn't the case here - but I settled for what I got.

A little dissapoitning to be honest, seem to be a poor quality control issue that could by solved by the manufacturer.

You are entitled to a full refund under the Oct 2015 European Consumer regs. You can reject and ask for a refund after one failed repair. Tell yourvretailer you want a full refund, if they refuse then Google the regs. Also you can claim a refund from your credit card issuer under 1974 Consumer Credit act. Just ring the card issuers and ask for a section 75 refund because the item is not fit for purpose, and has had three repairs without success. 

All the help is in the thread ks refund, and Samsung refund.

Hope it helps

Paul

0 Likes
Serax
First Poster
Options

It’s true, I had similar bleeding but unfortunately noticed that after 14 days period, after that it was checked by Samsung technician with conclusion - within specs and not a warranty case((( I’m really sorry that it’s normal for such great company F791D5C6-6093-47C4-AD1A-F39A7584450A.jpeg

3C32076F-6DA3-4896-9D07-4BFF72081300.jpeg

0 Likes
Serax
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
TV19
First Poster
Options

Hey im having the same issue with visable backlight only noticed it when the lights were off and my TV is brand new too really hope its simply to fix