Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD F5100 not working on UE55KS7000

(Topic created on: 12-06-2018 09:05 AM)
syn99x
Apprentice
Options

I have the blu ray player and TV in the title and for some reason the player won't work on the TV. I just get a no signal message. I used to get the player homescreen but as soon as a dvd/blu ray started to play the no signal error would appear. Now I don't even get to the home screen.

Both devices are up to date. I've tried multiple HDMI cables and all 4 HDMI ports on the TV. Tried the player on 2 other TV's and it works without issue so I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware fault.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi,

Since Blu-ray works on other TV, there is no reason why it does not work on the other so you can try to unplug your TV electrically for 2 minutes the plug is it will work.
If not test with another device that connects via HDMI on the same TV to determine is that it is a problem on the ports of the TV.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @syn99x,   I agree with advice from @7alhoul on unplugging (needs to be at least a few minutes) and trying another device on the port.  I would add that before doing so check that  HDMI UHD colour is switched off on the Bluray port  in TV settings , seeing it is not a 4k one.  Have you also tried tweaking AnyNet+  to see if that makes any difference?

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

syn99x
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the tips however they don't appear to have helped. I tried turning off HDMI UHD on all inputs, disabling AnyNet+ on both the TV and player and unplugging the TV from the mains for ~15 mins. Tried multiple HDMI inputs but still no signal. Other devices in the same inputs work with no issue and the player still works on other TV's.

syn99x
Apprentice
Options

@JAMES4578 / @7alhoul anything else I could try? I'm at a loss with this one...

0 Likes
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi @syb99x,

try to test other equipment than the blue ray on the HDMI port of your tv if it does not work it is a problem that requires repair.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@syn99x wrote:

@JAMES4578 / @7alhoul anything else I could try? I'm at a loss with this one...

Hi @syn99x, I'd agree with  @7alhoul-, so if suggestion does not work a repair would seem to be the only option.    Sorry unable to reply earlier but I have been away.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.