Support

Open search

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

Observer

I still can’t get my BBC iPlayer on Samsung tv to work. Permanently stuck on “loading”

Samsung TV UE32J5600

HELP PLEASE........

Is anyone else still having tihs problem?

I have tried both solutions and it has not been solved. An engineer remote accessed my tv last night and reset the smart hub and it worked immediately afterwards but since turning the tv off and back on again, it now no longer works.

According to the BBC website the tv itself is still compatible (UE40ES8000) as it is not listed on this page.

This is starting to get very frustrating. Has anyone found any other solutions? I will call the engineers again as soon as possible but I am unsure what more they are going to be able to do.

Apprentice

Samsung chat support helped me resolve this. The problem was a corrupt app; my iPlayer app was stuck on ‘loading’ though presumably any Samsung app could suffer a similar problem.

Solution

Open the Smart Hub menu, press ‘TOOLS’ on your remote (it’s listed on the options at the bottom of the screen) and select ‘Reinstall’ . This will delete and reinstall smart hub and that should do the trick. It appears also that you could select ‘Samsung Apps’ from the Smart Hub menu and delete and install individual apps. This would be quicker. Note: In my experience regular updates to Smart Hub will not routinely correct the problem.

First Poster

I been having the issue of the hanging on the loading for months if no over a year. I tried all the usual resets etc.. all from tv remote menu.

I have an UE40JU6400.

I entered the secret menu by:

1 TV on Standby

2 Press button sequence: Info>Menu>Mute>Power

3 The TV will turn on and in a few seconds a menu will appear.

4 find and select factory reset.

5 The TV will shut down and reboot.

6 Go through the initial install, internet, channel search etc..

7 try BBC IPlayer

It worked for me…FINALLY

I hope it helps

First Poster

Tried this still not working

More frustrating as it’s not working on our Panasonic tv either!

Apprentice

Resetting the TV is different to reloading the Smart Hub. It didn’t work for me either. Suggest you try my solution above.

First Poster

Thanks reloaded smart hub but still not working. 

First Poster

Tried several suggestions ended up ringing Samsung help who sorted it out through remote access.

I have a UE46ES7000UxxU Smart TV and have just been subject to the same problem related to loading the BBC iPlayer. I have carried out the various actions recommended, unsuccessfully (the 0000 default pin was not accepted). Can you please advise how I can re-establish the iPlayer on my YV. My other devices are OK.

Thanks
Big Cheese

@Oceandriller wrote:
I have a UE46ES7000UxxU Smart TV and have just been subject to the same problem related to loading the BBC iPlayer. I have carried out the various actions recommended, unsuccessfully (the 0000 default pin was not accepted). Can you please advise how I can re-establish the iPlayer on my YV. My other devices are OK.

Thanks

It should work and if it does not it is faulty. Send it back and get one that does work. Do not get draw into endless fixes. 

Paul

Top Liked Authors