Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 13-12-2018 05:15 PM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
86 REPLIES 86
CarlH
Options
0 Likes
musky69
First Poster
Options

This worked for me too.  Someone should send it to the bbc if they haven't already

0 Likes
Castlehead
First Poster
Options

BBC Iplayer worked until two or three weeks ago. I have unplugged and reset several times but still cannot get beyond the 'Loading' screen.   Any thoughts?

The TV Model code is LT32E390S

0 Likes
TGPB
Apprentice
Options

Try this it worked for me. 

Hi all. Like many others out there I suddenly found myself not being able to access Iplayer on my 6 year old Samsung TV. Mine was not on the list of TV’s provided on the BBC website and the problem began to occur when the BBC Insisted that I now sign in to use Iplayer. Basically after 2 weeks of mucking about with trying this and trying that I appear to have stumbled upon my own personal solution.

*** Navigate to the BBC News app on the smart hub and click on it. It told me to update the software and 10 seconds later Iplayer was working. ***

Hopefully it will not disappear again and this solution helps some of you get back to watching what you pay for. 

0 Likes
packhamp
Student
Options

Hi Castlehead,

I had this problem on my ES8000 hopefully my solution will work for you. I followed rjbweb's post of 11/10/2018 to get back to factory state and then reloaded as if from new, also take a look at my post 3 weeks ago which expands a little on the rjbweb post.

Regards Packhamp

0 Likes
rarrar
First Poster
Options

Tried iPlayer again on my ES7000, after 2 months of not loading,  and it loaded without problem.

Did not reset or change anything , so whatever the problem was appears to have been fixed for me anyway

0 Likes
regor57
First Poster
Options

I am also having a similar problem with BBC iplayer. I have tried resetting the TV to factory settings, but this as made no difference. I note one of the suggestions mentioned a technicians menu, how do I find that menu? The TV model is UE40H6400

0 Likes
regor57
First Poster
Options

iPlayer now loads OK but a message says it needs flash to play - any advice?

0 Likes
Tickles
First Poster
Options

I have an F8000.  After signing up for the first time, iPlayer just showed me a black screen.  This worked for me:

Press Menu, Select 'Smart Features', find and select 'Reset Smart Hub' - enter your pin (see other threads on what this might be - I knew mine 🐵 ).  Wait.

It will remove installed apps and accounts...  and re-add its 'required' ones - I ended up with some new ones, as well as 'changed' ones.  iPlayer has since worked a number of times.

0 Likes
SoftSoluServ
Apprentice
Options

I too had this problem on my 2014 UE40 television and the above solution worked well. Thank you

0 Likes