Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer not working on UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub

(Topic created on: 14-10-2018 12:45 PM)
00bm00
First Poster
Options

For a few months BBC iPlayer has not working been working on our UE32ES5500K TV Smart Hub. If we click on the Button, it just goes to a black screen. 4OD, ITV and other services are working OK. It won't let me Uninstall the app, so I can't reinstall a new version. It says its on Version 2.02603. If I try and run it from the App Store screen, it still goes to a black screen. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
86 REPLIES 86
rojac
First Poster
Options

I still can’t get my BBC iPlayer on Samsung tv to work. Permanently stuck on “loading”

Samsung TV UE32J5600

HELP PLEASE........

0 Likes
aembrown
First Poster
Options

Is anyone else still having tihs problem?

I have tried both solutions and it has not been solved. An engineer remote accessed my tv last night and reset the smart hub and it worked immediately afterwards but since turning the tv off and back on again, it now no longer works.

According to the BBC website the tv itself is still compatible (UE40ES8000) as it is not listed on this page.

This is starting to get very frustrating. Has anyone found any other solutions? I will call the engineers again as soon as possible but I am unsure what more they are going to be able to do.

0 Likes
Testvalley
Apprentice
Options

Samsung chat support helped me resolve this. The problem was a corrupt app; my iPlayer app was stuck on ‘loading’ though presumably any Samsung app could suffer a similar problem.

Solution

Open the Smart Hub menu, press ‘TOOLS’ on your remote (it’s listed on the options at the bottom of the screen) and select ‘Reinstall’ . This will delete and reinstall smart hub and that should do the trick. It appears also that you could select ‘Samsung Apps’ from the Smart Hub menu and delete and install individual apps. This would be quicker. Note: In my experience regular updates to Smart Hub will not routinely correct the problem.

0 Likes
DC61
First Poster
Options

Tried this still not working

More frustrating as it’s not working on our Panasonic tv either!

0 Likes
Testvalley
Apprentice
Options

Resetting the TV is different to reloading the Smart Hub. It didn’t work for me either. Suggest you try my solution above.

0 Likes
DC61
First Poster
Options

Thanks reloaded smart hub but still not working. 

0 Likes
DC61
First Poster
Options

Tried several suggestions ended up ringing Samsung help who sorted it out through remote access.

0 Likes
Oceandriller
First Poster
Options
I have a UE46ES7000UxxU Smart TV and have just been subject to the same problem related to loading the BBC iPlayer. I have carried out the various actions recommended, unsuccessfully (the 0000 default pin was not accepted). Can you please advise how I can re-establish the iPlayer on my YV. My other devices are OK.

Thanks
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Oceandriller wrote:
I have a UE46ES7000UxxU Smart TV and have just been subject to the same problem related to loading the BBC iPlayer. I have carried out the various actions recommended, unsuccessfully (the 0000 default pin was not accepted). Can you please advise how I can re-establish the iPlayer on my YV. My other devices are OK.

Thanks

It should work and if it does not it is faulty. Send it back and get one that does work. Do not get draw into endless fixes. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Oceandriller wrote:

Thanks

If it works on other TV's but not yours then the TV could be faulty. What you have to think about is after 30 days the retailer can say they are not responsible for third party apps so you have no come back.  It should work and I would send it back and get a telly that does do what you thought it should. 

Paul

0 Likes