Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001

(Topic created on: 08-12-2017 08:48 AM)
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi. For 2+ months now I've been unable to load programmes in BBC iPlayer app on my new Samsung UE49MU7070 TV, 2017 model. All menus load fine but every programme I choose has continous spinning circle and after 30 seconds always ends with cannot load error message 02001. I have tried every reset possible and all firmware/software is right up to date, have tweaked most tv settings, searched the internet for a solution, and have got nowhere with iPlayer and Samsung support. All other on demand TV and Netflix, Amazon etc works fine and internet connection is the best. There was a couple of weeks after purchase when iPlayer worked ok but not anymore and I don't know what's changed. I am at a loss, can anyone help please, I can't be the only one with this problem? Thanks.

Go to solution
108 REPLIES 108
jon6
Apprentice
Options

Success! We've had the iPlayer issue for several weeks too - error 02001. Waiting for BBC and Samsung to sort out the issue... Then I checked here and found what had been happening. Got through to technical support (in the Phillipians) and she tried the remote reset. Still had the same problem so she arranged for a local repair chap to come out the next day (today). Motherboard changed, all updated and iPlayer working. Thank you to all here for the feedback and details on what to do.

tydraig
Apprentice
Options
I must admit they are very responsive now, I reported mine two days ago and it was repaired today.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Glad to see some results with this Iplayer Issue (which turned out to be a virus) after communication with Samsung/BBC.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Lionheartat20
First Poster
Options

Accidental post - delete please.

0 Likes
Lionheartat20
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem - also on my Samsung UE49MU7070 TV.

I phoned Samsung today - and they did all the troubleshooting remotely.

After 30 minutes, she went to speak to her supervisor and they have posted a USB stick containing firmware unavailable on the internet as a fix.

If this doesn't fix the fault, they will organise an engineer to come out - but she believes the USB software will fix this particular error code.

I did tell her about this thread & engineer visit required but anyway...

It's coming via the post in the next few days and we'll see :smiling-face:

0 Likes
paul1111
Hotshot
Options

@Lionheartat20 wrote:

I have the same problem - also on my Samsung UE49MU7070 TV.

I phoned Samsung today - and they did all the troubleshooting remotely.

After 30 minutes, she went to speak to her supervisor and they have posted a USB stick containing firmware unavailable on the internet as a fix.

If this doesn't fix the fault, they will organise an engineer to come out - but she believes the USB software will fix this particular error code.

I did tell her about this thread & engineer visit required but anyway...

It's coming via the post in the next few days and we'll see :smiling-face:

Sounds very odd,  why not just put on to the web site,  unless its not been fully tested. 

0 Likes
Lionheartat20
First Poster
Options
I completely agree. I explained I'm more than happy to download it from their website & put it onto USB and she insisted that wasn't possible.

Won't arrive until about Wednesday but will update here if it made any difference.
0 Likes
Kinys
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

I've been having the same promlems with my UE55KS7580 - made a little more complicated by the fact I live in Austria.

I've tried contacting Samsung here, but they say the app isn't supported - which is less than helpful. One of their technicians reset the smart hub remotely, which didn't fix the problem but now my Sonos playbase no longer had volume control through the smart remote! I've tried resetting but no joy!

Did the firmware reset by USB work?

Any tips on setting up the remote to work with the sonos? I've tried all the FAQs and they just point me in a direction that didn't work.

Any help much appreciated - I have to say I'm pretty disappointed by Samsung support so far.

0 Likes
Lionheartat20
First Poster
Options

I can now reveal that the USB does indeed fix the BBC iPlayer problem.

The USB updates firmware from my version 1210 to firmware version 1230.

If you are on version 1210, then you need version 1230 from Samsung. No engineer required.

To avoid any confusion, my TV is: UE49MU7000.

0 Likes
Kinys
First Poster
Options

Ok, great - I'll go and check. Any insight as to why a USB installation is needed? Glad it worked for you!

0 Likes