Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001

(Topic created on: 30-08-2018 07:51 PM)
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi. For 2+ months now I've been unable to load programmes in BBC iPlayer app on my new Samsung UE49MU7070 TV, 2017 model. All menus load fine but every programme I choose has continous spinning circle and after 30 seconds always ends with cannot load error message 02001. I have tried every reset possible and all firmware/software is right up to date, have tweaked most tv settings, searched the internet for a solution, and have got nowhere with iPlayer and Samsung support. All other on demand TV and Netflix, Amazon etc works fine and internet connection is the best. There was a couple of weeks after purchase when iPlayer worked ok but not anymore and I don't know what's changed. I am at a loss, can anyone help please, I can't be the only one with this problem? Thanks.

108 REPLIES 108
Tinbum
Journeyman
Options
All fixed for me, including My5, with a USB stick.
Jimbaloo1
First Poster
Options
Is there a number I can ring
0 Likes
Jimbaloo1
First Poster
Options

Does anyone know a Samsung number I can have for this as my iPlayer isn’t working. Do they fix it for free as it is obviously a common fault

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Jimbaloo1.

You can get in touch with our Support Team by calling 0330 726 7864 and choosing the the Audio-Visual option.

0 Likes
Dave350z
Apprentice
Options

Well the 1239 software did nothing to fix my problem. But the recently released 1240 that i installed did. BBC Iplayer all working again. Well done Samsung... you might just be getting somewhere now.

JamesP
First Poster
Options

After nearly a year of iPlayer and My5 being broken, the 1240 update my tv performed today has finally fixed it!! I cannot believe how long this has took to fix, and with people going through the hassle of hours on with support and getting motherboards replaced when all it needed was a code fix.  My previous Samsung tv lasted for 8 years and I was very happy with it, and was the reason I didn’t look at anything else when I bought my latest box, but I have to say I’ll be looking at other makes on my next purchase because of this. 

0 Likes
bazo
Journeyman
Options
HI, like many I also had a non working iplayer, My5, Nowtv apps on my MU6400 just before I update to 1240 can I just confirm that all still works as should (I received a USB pen drive from Samsung that fixed the issue of non working apps) as I do not want to go through the hassle of finding out that these are again broken due to some coding error,
Thank you
0 Likes
loftygit
Pioneer
Options

Hi bazo,

I was worried too and was happy with 1239 and although I thought I had turned off automatic updates, 1240 was installed anyway - but yes iPlayer still works.

0 Likes
bazo
Journeyman
Options

Hi, thank you for your reply I will update and see how it goes,

Cheers

0 Likes
Syd40
First Poster
Options

Hi where can I get this firmware if you may share this. Kind regards ste 

0 Likes