Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001

(Topic created on: 09-07-2018 09:07 PM)
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi. For 2+ months now I've been unable to load programmes in BBC iPlayer app on my new Samsung UE49MU7070 TV, 2017 model. All menus load fine but every programme I choose has continous spinning circle and after 30 seconds always ends with cannot load error message 02001. I have tried every reset possible and all firmware/software is right up to date, have tweaked most tv settings, searched the internet for a solution, and have got nowhere with iPlayer and Samsung support. All other on demand TV and Netflix, Amazon etc works fine and internet connection is the best. There was a couple of weeks after purchase when iPlayer worked ok but not anymore and I don't know what's changed. I am at a loss, can anyone help please, I can't be the only one with this problem? Thanks.

108 REPLIES 108
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

Samsung headquaters rang me this afternoon. Accessed the TV remotely and took various screen shots. He said they will be working with the BBC iplayer client to resolve this issue. The fact that My5 etc doesn't work either, this has got to be an issue with the Samsung firmware not just with iplayer. But at least they rang me which is a step forward. 

0 Likes
iambrian
Student
Options

My USB stick with 1239 firmware arrived from Samsung support this morning. I flashed my UE55MU7000 and to my surprise both iPlayer and My5 now appear to be working OK. Looks like firmware 1239.91 may have fixed the problem  on my model,  at least.

CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Thanks for getting back, @iambrian! Glad you're all set now! :womanhappy:

0 Likes
al_london
First Poster
Options

Same here on UE50MU6120 - amazingly it seems to have fixed the iPlayer issue. And it only took Samsung six months...

0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

Thanks for posting this news. No further contact from Samsung despite their promises. I will be contacting Samsung 'support' (joke) first thing tomorrow...

0 Likes
thecaretaker
Explorer
Options

Needless to say, I did not get the USB as promised. The USB they did send 3-4 weeks ago had version 1239.9 which is still installed on my TV and didn't fix the issue. Apparently a newer version 1239.91 will fix it and this will be sent 2-3 working days. I've given up hope really, this issue messed up the families Christmas iplayer viewing, I've was unable to watch Blue Planet II in 4K, I was unable to watch Wimbledon and the FA Cup in 4K. You don't realise how much you rely on catch-up TV until you haven't got it. 

Sorry if it sounds as though I am always moaning, but this problem has gone on for so long now....

0 Likes
bazo
Journeyman
Options
Hi, just like yourself I received the USB with 1239 on it and like you again it did not (as thought) work, now if trying their fix (that SAMSUNG sent) I was wondering if the TV could be rejected as not fit for purpose, as described in here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act It states that you should do this against the retailer that you purchased the item from not the company, but when I rang up the retailer we purchased our TV from they said all they would do was update the firmware! AGAIN I MUST AGREE WITH YOU THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE FIRST AND LAST TIME WE BUY SAMSUNG we only bought this TV as our last was not a smart TV, at least that worked flawlessly for more than a decade
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@bazo wrote:
Hi, just like yourself I received the USB with 1239 on it and like you again it did not (as thought) work, now if trying their fix (that SAMSUNG sent) I was wondering if the TV could be rejected as not fit for purpose, as described in here https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act It states that you should do this against the retailer that you purchased the item from not the company, but when I rang up the retailer we purchased our TV from they said all they would do was update the firmware! AGAIN I MUST AGREE WITH YOU THIS IS A TOTAL JOKE FIRST AND LAST TIME WE BUY SAMSUNG we only bought this TV as our last was not a smart TV, at least that worked flawlessly for more than a decade

It seems that as they have tried to repair they except this is a fault and if more than 4 weeks old they can attempt 2 repairs then you can ask for a refund. Less than 4 weeks you can reject.  There is lots of info in another thread on here,  ks refund,  and ks refund info,  where ks owners are helping each other to get refunds for miss selling. 

Paul

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@bazo wrote:

How old is the tv and who is the retailer ? And yes it is the law that the retailer ir responsible,  but sometimes Samsung do replace. Normally for that you need to by pass customer support and contact the Samsung uk CEO office via Email. 

Paul

Paul

0 Likes
Kevvyg
Apprentice
Options

I demanded they replaced the Motherboard, the Customer Support rep didn’t like it, and had to get approval from their manager, took 5 mins of me being on hold but it got approved, an Engineer visited within a few days and it took all of 5 mins, it was a hassle but the TV is actually a Smart TV again. I enjoyed the World Cup in UHD as well. Be bold and don’t take no for answer when talking to support at Samsung.

0 Likes