Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001

(Topic created on: 10-05-2018 01:43 PM)
GFa71
Apprentice
Options

Hi. For 2+ months now I've been unable to load programmes in BBC iPlayer app on my new Samsung UE49MU7070 TV, 2017 model. All menus load fine but every programme I choose has continous spinning circle and after 30 seconds always ends with cannot load error message 02001. I have tried every reset possible and all firmware/software is right up to date, have tweaked most tv settings, searched the internet for a solution, and have got nowhere with iPlayer and Samsung support. All other on demand TV and Netflix, Amazon etc works fine and internet connection is the best. There was a couple of weeks after purchase when iPlayer worked ok but not anymore and I don't know what's changed. I am at a loss, can anyone help please, I can't be the only one with this problem? Thanks.

108 REPLIES 108
troubleonline
Journeyman
Options

I am also having the same error on our Samsung UE40MU6120.  We bought the tv in December for our kitchen/dining room as our terrestrial signal dropped (we think due to a neighbours wifi booster).   The TV we had was very old and not compatible with any future plans to hook up to SkyQ.   We bought the MU6120 almost purely for watching the BBC iPlayer.  It was intended as a interim solution until we ugrade to SkyQ but it was working great and the TV itself is lovely.

For last 2 weeks iPlayer app has stopped working - 02001 message etc etc.

I called Samsung technical support last night and was on the phone for an hour whilst they tried but failed to resolve the issue.  Many of the things the guy took me through I had already tried and after an hour on the phone they have booked an engineer visit for next week.  The engineer company called today to schedule an appointment so I asked what they have been instructed to do.  He said update the software or failing that replace the main board.  I am somewhat shocked that this is necessary for a TV only a few months old so in the meantime I am planning to pop into Richer Sounds where we purchased the TV and discuss a possible exchange with them (and whether this repair will invalidate their 5 year warranty).

I would interested to know if anyone had an engineer out to repair their TV for this issue and if it helped?

NB I also note that the BBC have updated their message today

*** Update: Thursday 3 May ***

This issue is a priority for us and we're continuing investigate. We've raised this with our partners at Samsung who are also investigating. Samsung Support can be found at www.samsung.com/uk/support

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/troubleshooting/tv-games-consoles/samsung-02001

al_london
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with the UE50MU6120, which I note is still on sale.

I think the only thing that will make Samsung take this seriously, after 3 months, is if anyone with an affected TV returns it to the retailer for a refund, on the basis that "it is not fit for purpose" and is "not as described" - ie cannot be used to watch iPlayer content.

I feel that Samsung's arrogance is likely to lose it many customers. 

0 Likes
troubleonline
Journeyman
Options

@al_london wrote:

I have the same problem with the UE50MU6120, which I note is still on sale.

I think the only thing that will make Samsung take this seriously, after 3 months, is if anyone with an affected TV returns it to the retailer for a refund, on the basis that "it is not fit for purpose" and is "not as described" - ie cannot be used to watch iPlayer content.

I feel that Samsung's arrogance is likely to lose it many customers. 

Am pretty sure these tv’s and all smart tv’s are sold with explicit statement that they cannot guarantee access to specific apps since they have no control and providers can remove at any time.  

0 Likes
al_london
First Poster
Options

I agree, but it's not the service provider (BBC) that is removing access, is it? It's the manufacturer (Samsung). And they are still knowingly selling models with this fault.  

0 Likes
Solution
troubleonline
Journeyman
Options

:smileyvery-happy: So I got our TV fixed today and access to iPlayer restored :smileyvery-happy:

The issue is a virus in the app that damages the motherboard and only resolution is to have the motherboard replaced.  

I suggest anyone still having a problem call Samsumg customer support asap.  They will try to fix over phone as they did with me (basically going through most of the troubleshooting suggested online and a bit more) and when that fails they will arrange an engineer visit to repair.  

Pretty good customer service from Samsung -  enginner visit arranged quickly and repair only took about 15/20 mins.  I just wished I had contacted them earlier and not paid heed to the BBC message which led me to believe the issue would be resolved.

Engineer said that cause of the problem only identified in last week or so.

ps allow around an hour for the call to Samsung customer support in the first instance!

troubleonline
Journeyman
Options
No one is removing access per se. See my post above - it's a virus.
0 Likes
Teddingmat
First Poster
Options
Not yet had my TV fixed, but local Samsung repair shop have a new motherboard on order. Went through about an hour of diagnostic with support on the phone, but resolution appears to be new motherboard. Described to me as a bug that there's no software fix for rather than a virus, but there you go.
0 Likes
AlanF
First Poster
Options

I was told by Samsung support that I needed a new motherboard FOC.  Engineer visit was arranged for 25th,  took 30 mins, and all now working.  So,  good service overall.  However, I cant help but wonder if the same fault could just as easily happen again...?

0 Likes
troubleonline
Journeyman
Options

@AlanF wrote:

I was told by Samsung support that I needed a new motherboard FOC.  Engineer visit was arranged for 25th,  took 30 mins, and all now working.  So,  good service overall.  However, I cant help but wonder if the same fault could just as easily happen again...?

The same thought occured to me too.  However no point worrying and I think Samsung would be helpful again.  It amy just be certain motherbaords that were susceptible.

0 Likes
tydraig
Apprentice
Options

Result:

After reading this thread for many months hoping for an answer to BBC iPlayer Not Loading Error 02001 problem and seeing that a few people have managed to get their motherboard replaced thus solving the problem, we I thought I would give Samsung support a call this afternoon.

I am please to say that they have agreed to change my motherboard on Friday this week. I was honestly thinking that it was going to be more problematic then it was but the Sansung tech support was very helpful and I couldn't have asked for better service.

Thanks Guys.