Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio sync delay - 75NU800 & HW-N850

(Topic created on: 13-12-2018 08:35 PM)
AviFC
Journeyman
Options

Just spent $5000 on this setup and the audio does not sync, Samsung customer service has no clue.  The video is processed faster than the audio so all of the built-in sync options just make the problem worse.  Any ideas?  

I see many threads on this but no actual clean fix.  How could Samsung not have a fix for this?  

0 Likes
31 REPLIES 31
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

can you tell me what type of connection is made between the soundbar and the TV?

0 Likes
AviFC
Journeyman
Options

HDMI ARC as that is the only way to use Dolby Atmos.  

I was on the phone with customer service today for an hour, complete waste of time.  I can get into the service menu but they would not provide any guidance on this, only on regular menus.  I need the audio to sync -, the menus only allow to sync +.

Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Hello,

I hope we can found a solution together, so please tell me :
Did you perform a COLDBOOT of both devices?
Have you tested with another high speed HDMI cable?

0 Likes
AviFC
Journeyman
Options

Yes, we did a factory reset on the TV.  The Soundbar I was told to unplug for 30 seconds and replug.  Tried a different HDMI no difference.

0 Likes
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Can you try this manipulation please.

Press the SOUND CONTROL bouton and select SYNC in Sound Control, and then set the audio delay between 0~300 milliseconds by using the Up/Down buttons

0 Likes
AviFC
Journeyman
Options

I did that.  The problem is I can only DELAY the audio.  I need to ADVANCE the audio.  

Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

Did you tried to update your soundbar?

0 Likes
AviFC
Journeyman
Options

It is connected to Wi-Fi so should be updated automatically.  How can I tell if it is updated? 

0 Likes
Zakaria_E
Pathfinder
Options

To update my soundbar via USB key, proceed as follows:
1. Insert a USB flash drive containing the firmware upgrade (downloaded from Samsung's website) into the USB port on the back of the soundbar.
2. Connect the power plug of the soundbar.
3. Turn on the sound bar.
4. Wait 1 to 2 minutes.
         NB: you can put the soundbar on any source.

5. After updating the soundbar will turn off automatically.
  Here is the link to download it

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_UK&CttFileID=7113686...

0 Likes