Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Ambient mode

(Topic created on: 16-08-2018 03:23 PM)
Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

hello I have purchased the samsung qled q6 55 inch tv which is this model https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q6fn/QE55Q6FNATXXU/  I have had it for a few days now, having a play around with the settings and features on it, one thing I have noticed is ambient mode which is a nice feature but after reading up about it on the net I have noticed I can upload my own pictures to use but when I upload my pictures they only stay on while I use the smart things app on my phone, is there a way to keep them on permanent as I have a photo of my three grandkids and it would look fantastic on my tv like a real photo on the wall with the real thin bezel around it, it looks like I don't have a television in my living room 🙄.

95 REPLIES 95
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Troop3r wrote:

hello I have purchased the samsung qled q6 55 inch tv which is this model https://www.samsung.com/uk/tvs/qledtv-q6fn/QE55Q6FNATXXU/  I have had it for a few days now, having a play around with the settings and features on it, one thing I have noticed is ambient mode which is a nice feature but after reading up about it on the net I have noticed I can upload my own pictures to use but when I upload my pictures they only stay on while I use the smart things app on my phone, is there a way to keep them on permanent as I have a photo of my three grandkids and it would look fantastic on my tv like a real photo on the wall with the real thin bezel around it, it looks like I don't have a television in my living room 🙄.

Hi @Troop3r Hopefully you are happy with your Qled TV.    As  far as I can see you need to use  Smart Things for your own pictures with Ambient Modehttps://www.samsung.com/sg/support/tv-audio-video/what-is-ambient-mode-and-how-to-use-it/    Possibly someone has further information though.   Here is the thread on the 2018 TVs   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Thoughts-on-the-new-2018-QLED-TV/m-p/512239#M1138...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

Hi @james4578 thanks it's a wonderful tv and I am learning more each day about the features and settings, thanks for your reply I will read them and hopefully find more out .

Troop3r
Pathfinder
Options

Seems I have a lot to learn about ambient mode 

0 Likes
Elukka
Apprentice
Options

Hi! I just bought QE65Q9FN 2018 model and SmartThings app is not working what comes to sending own photos to tv. Photos won't show up in tv. My phone is brand new Galaxy S8. The TV itself is fantastic, but I'm very dissappointed that this very much hyped feature is not working. Please don't advice that "you can do it with SmartThings app and here is a link how to do it". Please try it yourself instead and show us a video how it works. I doubt you can't. 

If this is not working any time soon, I'll have to ask some money back due to this feature not working!

CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hey @Elukka! Are you able to screen mirror from your phone to your TV with the Smart View app instead of the SmartThings app?: https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/screen-mirroring/ :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzp...:

0 Likes
Elukka
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

Thanks for your reply! 

Screen mirror works fine and photos upload nicely to tv. But for some reason in ambient mode with SmartThings it won't work. I installed SmartThings app to my ipad too and managed once to get couple of photos through. But only in DUO-mode. In MONO- mode photos never show up. There must be some issue with SmartThings app!?
0 Likes
Elukka
Apprentice
Options

I propably managed to find a cause for this malfunction. The ambient mode went somehow broken and even default photos didin't work anymore. Samsung support made a hard reset via network connection and ambient mode started to work again. I was able to upload own photos and original photos worked too. Then...I tried to add photos from samsung account (which is the second option, the first is gallery) and ambient mode got "broken" again. Samsung support had to hard reset again to get the ambient mode to work again.

So....do not try to send your own photos to tv from samsung account!!! It will ruin your ambient mode and you need to call support to fix that! Since hard reset I have uploaded a dozen of own photos succesfully to tv and it works as promised!!!

Amf6
Student
Options

I have a similar problem with my new Q9 tv. Can’t upload photos using Smart Things app. Can’t see icon which is supposed to appear in lower right corner of app, which allows you to enter Ambient mode.  Called Samsung several weeks ago and was told my problem was being “escalated” but have not heard from anyone. Would be grateful for some help.

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Amf6 wrote:

I have a similar problem with my new Q9 tv. Can’t upload photos using Smart Things app. Can’t see icon which is supposed to appear in lower right corner of app, which allows you to enter Ambient mode.  Called Samsung several weeks ago and was told my problem was being “escalated” but have not heard from anyone. Would be grateful for some help.

If a TV does not work as advertised always report it as a fault to your retailer. If it is within the first 4weeks this gives best protection. Waiting g for samsung to "escalate " can take far longer. Paying all that money you want a TV that works,  not one you have to mess with to get working. 

Paul