Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Video TV app stopped working after Jan 2019 update

(Topic created on: 11-02-2019 11:55 PM)
GMatt
First Poster
Options

About 2wk ago (end Jan 2019) the Amazon Prime app on my Samsung UE55ES6300 smart TV was updated and since then it tries to load but then after about 15 seconds waiting at the Prime logo, an error message comes up and there is nothing more can be done but exit the App. The error message displays basic data like version numbers etc and simply tells you to go to Amazon.co.uk/videohelp but there is no specific Error Code displayed to work with. One thing I did notice is that the timestamp is displayed specifying 1st Jan 1970 but I know the date on the TV itself is accurate so I suspect there is a symptom here.

I've tried all the online advice I could find already such as power cycling, uninstalling and reinstalling etc. Everything is up to date with firmware etc and I also waited for the latest smart hub software to get a fresh update in case it was that but to no avail.

Anyone else experience this recently? Any solution?

primeerror.jpg

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
DARIUS559
First Poster
Options

SALVE una procedura da seguire dopo un aggiornamento su i smartv.  1-- resettare tv. ....2 non memorizarre i canali saltare le procedure.....3 andare su smart tv e vedere l loro funzionamento ..fatto questo se è tutto ok ..ritornare su memorizza canali . dovrebbe funzionare . mi faccia sapere.

0 Likes
DARIUS559
First Poster
Options
purtroppo quando si eseguono gli aggornamenti le smart v entrano in stallo non sto qui ha spiegare il tutto... comunque mi è sucessa la stessa cosa se vuole provrare la procedura è la seguente: 1) impostazioni reset di fabbrica...((2 NON MEORIZZARE I CANALI saltare le procedure di memorizzione canali.... 3) andare su smart tv e verificare le funzioni app..amazon ecc.. se tutto fuziona ,ritoranare al menu di ricerca canali... fare ricerca memorizzare il tutto e dovrebbe andare tu a posto..NOTA BENE non tutte le smart tv questa procedura è efficace.. provare non costa nulla...
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@GMatt wrote:

About 2wk ago (end Jan 2019) the Amazon Prime app on my Samsung UE55ES6300 smart TV was updated and since then it tries to load but then after about 15 seconds waiting at the Prime logo, an error message comes up and there is nothing more can be done but exit the App. The error message displays basic data like version numbers etc and simply tells you to go to Amazon.co.uk/videohelp but there is no specific Error Code displayed to work with. One thing I did notice is that the timestamp is displayed specifying 1st Jan 1970 but I know the date on the TV itself is accurate so I suspect there is a symptom here.

I've tried all the online advice I could find already such as power cycling, uninstalling and reinstalling etc. Everything is up to date with firmware etc and I also waited for the latest smart hub software to get a fresh update in case it was that but to no avail.

Anyone else experience this recently? Any solution?

primeerror.jpg

Did provide similar information on another thread in relation to a Blu ray Player, just  to let you know that according to Amazon prime some 2012 Samsung TV  models are no longer supported.  I am afraid the ES6300 is such a model.    Amazon Support 

Perhaps there will be a definite list in due course.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Elysee
Journeyman
Options

Been having the same problem, Samsung hub was updated and since then Prime no longer working, but the other apps do. Like you, I have searched the web for answers, to no avail. Of course can't get anything from either Samsunr or Amazon, both blaming the other side. Will have to wait and see if more people are starting to get this!!!

Elysee
Journeyman
Options
Just wandering if you've found any info whether the Amazon Fire stick works on the 2012 models?
0 Likes
Yacy
First Poster
Options
Same here
Tried everything to no avail.
0 Likes
Karly1
Apprentice
Options

Did anyone have any luck fixing this issue? I am having the same problem. Amazon video suddenly stopped working. Just getting the logo and then the screen blacks out. everything is up to date and updated. No idea how to fix this issue?

0 Likes
Elysee
Journeyman
Options

Still not working, all apps can be updated/refreshed, except Amazon. Makes you wonder if Amazaon are just not supporting this and forcing users to buy the Amazon stick. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Firestick should certainly work,  do any of the users experiencing problems have tv's  purchased 2013 or later who should not be affected by the loss of support.

In that case do you have the latest firmware and have you tried   SmartHub/factory resets?   For more information on other Prime issues see these threads:   One customer found deregistering device fixed problem.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/Amazon-Video-App-Stopped

Prime Solution-Deregistering Device

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.