Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Amazon Fire Stick

(Topic created on: 30-03-2017 03:14 PM)
Robtait
First Poster
Options

Cannot get Amazon Firestick to work properly on my new 49inch Samsung model Ue49k5500. Are there issues with this equipment?

79 REPLIES 79
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Robtait,

We're not aware of any issues. 

Can you tell us a little more about the problems you're having with it? Are you receiving any error messages? Does it work well when connected to a different TV?

0 Likes
Libby
Apprentice
Options

Don't have an answer but I have just bought the same tv and keep getting the 'No Signal' message. Seems it's not registering in HDM1/2/3 at all.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Libby.

Do you have a different TV you can try the Firestick in?

Does anything else work in the HDMI ports of your UE49K5500?

0 Likes
Libby
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the problem sorted out now. Thank you for your reply, ChrisM.

0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem @Libby.

Could we ask what was causing the issue?

Solution
Libby
Apprentice
Options

Hi ChrisM, Yes, basically my own ignorance of how the tv operates! I thought I needed the Firestick to be in the tv to receive Amazon videos etc. I didn't realise I only had to sign in as I was already a subscriber via the stick. D'oh!

AJ737
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with a firestick and a ks8000 tv wih the one connect hdmi hub
The firestick works on my ks8500on connect hub. Very frustrating, amazon says its a samsung issue, samsung says its a amazon issue
Firehelp
Student
Options
Yes, We have tried 3 firestick a. Samsung will not recognize the stick. It will recognize the Wii plugged into the same HDMI port. It worked for a short time and then ran the latest update on the TV and it was gone again.
0 Likes
Carrrottt09
Apprentice
Options

I just got the new Q7F. The box will not recognize my fire stick. Is there a step I am missing in the setup?

0 Likes