Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All4 App Requires Sign in Every Time

(Topic created on: 19-12-2017 01:21 PM)
RBZ5416
Journeyman
Options

UE32K5500

Every time I launch the All4 app it demands sign in, which with the on-screen keyboard is a major pain. It would be bad enough if it remembered the user & just asked for the password, but both have to be entered.

7 REPLIES 7
KeithL
Student
Options

Exactly same for me on my new UHD tv. Is there any answer?

0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

If it is only a few with this issue it could be afault with you telly. Get it reported to the retailers straight away, so you can get an exchange or refund if it can not be resolved.

Paul

0 Likes
Ashleaf
Student
Options

Same for me.  Been this way since the app became available - which was months after I bought the TV [ UE40KU6400.

Makes this app unusable IMO. Poor implementation. No problems with BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub. 

The really really annoying thing is that every time I do it I’m told I only have to do it this once. 

0 Likes
RBZ5416
Journeyman
Options

Looks like we're p***** in the wind posting here...

0 Likes
Ashleaf
Student
Options

LOL!

I know. I bought the TV from Richersounds in October 21016 and realised shortly afterwards ALL4 wasn't available. Neither did Richersounds when I rang up to double check. So I waited and eventually it appeared - with the 'feature' of the neverending login requirement.

Its a shame as I quite like Walter Presents and most of the shows are several episodes long so its a pain to go through this 5 minute sign in every time. So the bottom line is I don't watch as much ALL4 as I might.

So if anyone from Samsung reads this get the ALL4 developers to check how BBC and ITV handle a sign in. Then do it that way. Sounds simple really but I'm not holding my breath.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

wrote:

LOL!

I know. I bought the TV from Richersounds in October 21016 and realised shortly afterwards ALL4 wasn't available. Neither did Richersounds when I rang up to double check. So I waited and eventually it appeared - with the 'feature' of the neverending login requirement.

Its a shame as I quite like Walter Presents and most of the shows are several episodes long so its a pain to go through this 5 minute sign in every time. So the bottom line is I don't watch as much ALL4 as I might.

So if anyone from Samsung reads this get the ALL4 developers to check how BBC and ITV handle a sign in. Then do it that way. Sounds simple really but I'm not holding my breath.

Hi @Ashleaf   firstly this is primarily a customer  to customer  forum , though Mods are from Samsung.  I would advise that you reset the smart Hub, Resetting Smart Hub Settings -Support -Self Diagnosis- Reset Smart Hub.  Please note when reset you will have to enter the password on first ocassion but it may resolve it subsequently.  You should ensure that you have the latest firmware, if not it can be updated via USB.  For the KU6400 latest is 1208.2 http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40KU6400UXXU      @RBZ5416 For the  KU5500 same procedure and is same firmware  http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE32K5500AKXXU

I've never experienced any issues  with All4 on a 2017 set however I am aware there have been issues, though previous reportings were concerned with the functionality of the app . I'll refer you to a previous thread here https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/All-4-app-stopped-working-on-Smart-TV/m-p/233716

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AJ60
First Poster
Options

Just bought a new smart tv and unable to sign into All4 although I can on other devices. I have even reset password. It keeps telling me my login details are incorrect. Any ideas?

0 Likes