Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

All 4 app stopped working on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 21-07-2017 11:48 PM)
Fuzzy
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

All 4 app has stop working via Smart Hub.

The app seems to start but then gets stuck on the loading page

Model Number: UE48H6670.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fuzzy Wuzzy
Go to solution
107 REPLIES 107
SSJ
First Poster
Options

@Barrington wrote:

I fixed mine by going into smart menu and then deleting my all 4 app and then reloading it and it then worked  ok.  Cant see whynthis was allowed to happen?????

Thanks - I found that works at first but within a week or so the same problem reoccurs.  

I am pretty sick of reinstalling the All4 app every few weeks and am pretty unimpressed it is the only app that seems to be so fragile.

0 Likes
Iggy550
First Poster
Options

Are Samsung ever going to sort this out, sick of resetting all my apps every time I want to watch a Channel 4 on demand programme. It used to work fine.

come on Samsung we invested in your TV, invest some time in sorting out this App.

0 Likes
lak30
First Poster
Options

I tried a Smart Hub reset because neither All 4 nor bbc iPlayer would load on my Serif Smart TV, and now my problem is even worse - it won’t load the Smart hub or TV menu at all. I just get a blank blue screen. Any ideas? Will probably have to call the technical team. I’m sick to the teeth of this TV. After no issues with my little Samsung Smart TV 22 inch which I bought a few years ago and was delighted with, I upgraded to the Serif last summer. No end of glitches with it connecting and issues with the apps. Four times the price of my old one, and four times the trouble. Thinking of just sending it back and switching to Sony. It looks beautiful but it’s useless as a Smart TV, which kind of defeats the point. Sort yourselves out, Samsung! We shouldn’t be paying a premium for a useless product.

0 Likes
Fuzzy
Journeyman
Options

I'm astounded that Samsung still has not addressed this issue this has been going on for years. 

Fuzzy Wuzzy
0 Likes
LaeLae
First Poster
Options

I reset Smart Hub and the Fitness app and BBB player is still not working.

0 Likes
LaeLae
First Poster
Options
This did not work for me. Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
Maspurnomosaja
First Poster
Options

Hi, my samsung UA40J5200 suddenly couldn't play youtube and other app, i had reset the hub and master reset tv but still can't play the hub apps

0 Likes
BernieB
First Poster
Options

OK, I am being a bit stupid I think!

How do I navigate to the smart hub home page?

When Watsona says  menu>smarthub<resetsmarthub> it seems straightforward but I do not have a menu button on my remote!!!

Bernie

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@BernieBwrote:

OK, I am being a bit stupid I think!

How do I navigate to the smart hub home page?

When Watsona says  menu>smarthub<resetsmarthub> it seems straightforward but I do not have a menu button on my remote!!!

Bernie

Hi @BernieB, you need to go to settings, on my  TV and any modern one it's Self Diagnosis and in that menu  you will find Reset Smart Hub (you should be able to get there from settings in any case)  On a Smart Remote you can use voice control  to Reset Smart Hub  directly or  press  Smart Hub   and scroll along to settings  (if not applicable or does not function properly), with a standard Remote there should be a Smart Hub and Settings button.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

rotjeknor
First Poster
Options

My All4 app just froze on Samsung TV (sorry no model number but approx 3 years old) and cant fix it.  Reset hub didn't do it, I can't delete the app from the TV, comes preinstalled.  I'll check on TV firmware upgrade but should be up to date as it does it automatically.  Any other suggestions?  Will try Factory reset for the TV but any other suggestions?  I've also asked Channel 4 for solutions.

Any suggestions welcome!

0 Likes