Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

All 4 app stopped working on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 15-12-2018 01:42 PM)
Fuzzy
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

All 4 app has stop working via Smart Hub.

The app seems to start but then gets stuck on the loading page

Model Number: UE48H6670.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fuzzy Wuzzy
107 REPLIES 107
samsongnogood
First Poster
Options

I put my TV on last night and got a message saying samsung needs to up date.  after update all catchup apps are deleted and no way of re-installing them. called samsung this morning and have been told samsung are aware of the issue and there is no fix available, nor will there be.  Seems Samsung have not paid anyone in the UK the app owners licence fee to install these apps and so they are being slowly uninstalled.  Nor can you install any apps outwith the samsung app store.  So Samsung are less than useless.

endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Which TV model did that happen on?

0 Likes
bsteve
Journeyman
Options

QE496FN

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

Channel 4 emailed me today saying;

We would advise that we have since released a new All 4 update for Samsung TV that should resolve some of the issues you were experiencing previously. We would recommend you follow the previously advised troubleshooting once again, to ensure All 4 is fully optimised on your Samsung TV.

So that's what I'll be trying tonight :smiling-face:

0 Likes
bsteve
Journeyman
Options

Did it work? I have not yet had the same message so will chase them.

0 Likes
bsteve
Journeyman
Options

What was the troubleshooting they refer to?

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@bsteve wrote:

Did it work? I have not yet had the same message so will chase them.

Yes, it worked :smiling-face:

0 Likes
endpoint101
Navigator
Options

@bsteve wrote:

What was the troubleshooting they refer to?

Resetting the Smart Hub, etc, etc.. quite involved and felt like clutching at strawers really - I guess they want to sanity check it really is a problem with the app. Once you've updated the app, you might need to power off the TV (completely) and start it up.

0 Likes
Slowploo34
Apprentice
Options

no it did not work for me.  I have gone to the smart hub.  reset the TV to factory and start like it was brand new.  Did not work.  Got mad.   watch Starz with a differnet app now.  All they have to do is a new update to fix this problem.  I'm not the only one with this Starz problem.  I was hoping it would work before Christmas.  Everyday I check it, but still doesn't work. This made me stop buying Samsung Ptroducts.  I used to love them.  I needed a new Oven.  I wanted Samsung, but after this ..... No way.  Plus FYI..... they have been returned alot

0 Likes
Slowploo34
Apprentice
Options
i agree. Samsung is going downhill. Sorry to see it happen
0 Likes