Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

All 4 app stopped working on Smart TV

(Topic created on: 26-07-2017 04:09 AM)
Fuzzy
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

All 4 app has stop working via Smart Hub.

The app seems to start but then gets stuck on the loading page

Model Number: UE48H6670.

Any help would be appreciated.

Fuzzy Wuzzy
107 REPLIES 107
CeciliaW
Student
Options

I have the same problem! it seems to started after All 4 app updated to version 6 last week. sent emails to app developers but haven't got any replies.

Help please !

0 Likes
CeciliaW
Student
Options

channel 4 replied email !!

they suggested: reset the smart hub after update the app and the firmware of the TV. 

and it works!

To reset the smart hub, please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the smart hub home page.
2. Press D (blue) for settings.
3. Scroll to 'Reset' and press.
4. Go to Samsung Apps store.
5. Find 'All 4' and click 'Run now'.

Hope it could work on your TV as well.

Juetheblue
First Poster
Options

Just tried this but it's not worked for me 😞

Solution
Watsona
Student
Options

I've had the same issue, just fixed it.

menu>smarthub >reset smarthub>

then go through the process as described on screen to reset all of your apps.

you'll need your pin, which if you've not changed it since purchase will be 0000.

you'll also need to re-enter any passwords (for Netflix) etc. if you use paid for services.

Solution
Fuzzy
Journeyman
Options

Thank you to those who replied.

The resetting of the SMART Hub solved the problem. ALL 4 and all the other apps are now working. 

I can't believe that Samsung could not prompt users to update the SMART Hub. 

Please note that resetting the SMART Hub resets most apps to default so LOGIN & PASSWORDS will need to be re-entered. Also some apps may need to be downloaded again.

Once again thank you to those who replied. 

Fuzzy Wuzzy
Joanne1
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem.... Bought a new TV on Saturday, as i wanted to be able to use all4, and it just won't work ..... Get to 1st ad break and the freezes.... Just won't load. I've reset hub ... Reinstalled app... Called Samsung and nothing is working .... Is this just a Samsung thing ?? Can anyone help or do I just need to give up on a Samsung TV and get a different one .... Help 😞 

Fuzzy
Journeyman
Options
Hello Joanne1
I searched many sites before I found this site, I saw on other sites that some of the 2016 Samsung models are currently having issues with some apps including All 4 and that Channel 4 and Samsung are working to resolve that issue, maybe your model is a 2016.

Making sure that your firmware is up to date and the resetting of the Smart Hub seem to have resolved most people's issues.
Maybe you should also contact Channel 4 as they can advise you on your exact model.
Fuzzy Wuzzy
SWT
First Poster
Options

I am now on my third UE32M5500 in a month (having returned the first two).  All have the same problem with the All 4 app.  It will start playing a programme, but when the programme is paused, or when I try to play it a second time, it will not resume, and gives the error message All4 - 011. I have tried resetting thesmart hub; Samsung remote assistance have tried; no success.  Other, older, Samsung Smart TVs do not have a problem with this App, so presumably it is inherent in the pre-loaded Samsung software.

Any suggestions ?  

Joanne1
Apprentice
Options

Unfortunately I have no suggestions for you.... I will try calling the help line again at the weekend. It definitely is a Samsung thing, I have an old Sony TV upstairs with a humix box and that works fine, but very very annoying g and they really should get it sorted ....