Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALLSHARE SOFTWARE UPDATE BUG - UE49KU6510 49" TV - SOFTWARE T-JZMDEUC-1208.2

(Topic created on: 21-01-2018 11:18 PM)
Ross_at_Home
First Poster
Options

have to say, I'm really regretting getting a TV with Tizen. My TV's just been updated to (details):

MODEL: UE49KU6510
SOFT VER: T-JZMDEUK-1208.2,BT-S
SUB MICOM VER: T-JZMDEUS-1007

Could someone please point me somewhere, where it tells me what's been changed in my TV software update?

A major bug has been introduced in this version. Playing anything to the TV over it's Allshare (720p or above) now results in a visible frame stutter (every 1/4 of a second roughly).

It's made streaming to the TV using the TV's DEFAULT TV SETTINGS completely unwatchable. Not unless you want to fall into an stutter induced epileptic fit.

A fix is possible by setting:
Auto Motion Plus (DEFUALT TV SETTING - AUTO) to OFF

It is also improved by setting the following, although the MAJOR culprit is above.
Digital Clean View and Film mode (ALSO DEFULT TV SETTING - AUTO) to OFF

For me, this appears a clear indication that virtually no quality testing is done on TV firmware by Samsung before it's foisted on unsuspecting owners.

Besides this massive flaw, which essentially ruins streaming on a brand new TV... for me (and again... it's hard to tell without knowing precisely whay the last software version update was supposed to fix) - this last software update also appears to have significantly degraded the overall picture quality of the TV picture on standard none HD TV channels (particularly) and possibly HD channels - EVEN BEFORE TURNING OFF THE ABOVE FIXES TO CURE THE ALLSHARE PROBLEM.

Everything looks a lot more pixelated and whatever the TV was doing to improved overall picture quality on standard none HD channels before appears to have been significantly degraded.

Streaming from BubbleUPNP / Allshare / WebVideoCaster / Localcast
TV and Tabelts and WIFI all running in 5G (also tried switching to 2G with exactly the same stutter)
120mbps Virgin Media Fibre Optics

Had absolutely no problem prior to this last software update which appears to have introduced the problem. Haven't changed any TV settings for weeks (the fact that the "cure" changes the TV's DEFAULT setting AUTO to OFF tells you everything you need to know).

I stream every day. I noticed the Software Updated to version notification message on the TV. Tried streaming 5 minutes later. Allshare problem noticed instantly.
Samsung support have been contacted and the problem has been fully reported to one of their representatives.

It really is a shame these updates and bugs are forced on people and they can't "roll back" bad software updates. I bought this TV so I could stream to it, because it's supposed to support Allshare.

I'm really considering buying an Android stick or box because of Tizen's endless bugs and deficiencies, but when a software update visibily ruins your TV's picture quality...

I beleive Apple are currently experiencing what happens to a Company that intentially (or otherwise) degrades a product through software. I remember Samsung removed virtually all it's services and products from my Samsung Galaxy S3 over a few years. Now they seem to be doing exactly the same thing to a TV I bought in 2017!

0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0