Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2018 QLED HDMI issues with Denon X4300H, no 4K HDR

(Topic created on: 08-12-2018 07:09 PM)
Mattg1972
First Poster
Options

I have just purchased a Samsung 65 in 2018 QLED tv (QA65Q6FNASXNZ) and all went well until I wanted to view HDR from my new 4K Apple TV. There appears to be an issue with the Denon receiver (X4300H) and the Samsung TV that is known about (see link below).

https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6849

Does anybody have a work around for this, I have done the UHD settings on and off and played around with different HDMI ports and the best I can get out of my Apple TV is 4K SDR, as soon as you turn HDR on, the screen displays the message that the source is not supported. The same holds true for my XBox oneX, SDR is fine, but not full HDR.

Very frustrating as I spent hours trying to get it working before I found the link on the Denon website about the known issue with 2018 QLED TV’s.

I don’t really want to buy some splitters and have optical cables for audio and then plug all my devices directly to the TV - that is why I have the Denon unit in the first place and my cables are all hidden in the wall and all my devices are in a cupboard, so it is very tidy and was working perfectly until I upgraded to the 2018 QLED.

12 REPLIES 12
j0p3Y
Explorer
Options

*****(curse-word), had it on 4k HDR for a while this afternoon. Even both UHD and HDR vignettes. 

But unfortunately it didn't last. 

Don't know why it is not working anymore. 

Quite frustrating. 

I'm gonna look for another receiver, this one stinks, linked with the Samsung 55Q9F.

(Quite possibly a HDMI-CEC handshake issue; I asked Denon_UK about it, also Samsung). 

0 Likes
Gerry11
Apprentice
Options

Did you ever get anywehere with this? I have still been chasing this between Denon and Samsung. I was promised an engineer call so he could look into it and still nothing. 4 weeks ago after spending 4 hours on the phone over 3 calls to the technical experts on a live video chat showing the issues. 

I've found a temp fix but only applicable if you can do with not requiring ARC. 

0 Likes
Zackus9
First Poster
Options

Yep, I'm also curious about this. Just got a PS5, but I can only seem to choose between 4K-SDR or 1080P-HDR on my PS5 hooked up to my Denon, passing through to my Samsung Q70.

0 Likes