Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop fragmenting functionality, and push for consistency

What is really irritating is how Samsung splits functionality across all of their flagship products. I've noticed in the past suggestions in previous betas, improvements that would be capable on existing devices are locked away for the next Samsungs flagship devices (even though other flagship devices would be on the same version of Android and Samsung experience. For example, we saw features like intelligent scan being exclusive to the S9 when the S8 was capable of doing the same and got the same major Android update. There's many cases where the functionality is rolled out much later for existing devices. It's bad enough Samsung only provide 2 years of updates, but to make functionality which is hardware independent exclusive to the newest device is something Samsung needs to stop doing!
With Chinese OEMs doing amazing things with hardware, Samsung differentiation needs to be software (refinements, updates, consistency across their devices, life support) which most of the Chinese OEMS (with the exception of OnePlus) don't seem to get right. This is what makes Apple successful (a perception that the experience can't be matched anywhere else), and what Samsung should be learning from Apple, not replicating Memojis, or trying to develop propertiery software (like Bixby)

3 Comments
Awahwah
Explorer
Options

Agree with your comments.

Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Completely agree, but this is just down to marketing I would imagine.  Its certainly  not exclusive to Samsung. 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Devz 

Well, I am sure that this needs to be checked at the higher level than other suggestions that are sent to the development team.
I will try to push it higher, but can't really promise anything :face-with-rolling-eyes: