Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Alarm

Introduce a Smart Alarm feature.

It definitely works in waking you up at better time according to your sleep cycle.

A little research into this topic will be a very big plus to the Digital Wellbeing app.

The idea can be inspired from the Sleep Cycle app.

Thanks

5 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @rajaamerkhan 

That's a very interesting idea, but could you please write more about it?

I asume it's about waking you up when you're in the lightest sleep during a specific time.

But how would the device measure that? 

Would there be anything more to it? 

Cheers! :fisted-hand:

rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options

@TomaszT 

Yes, that's correct.

Example scenario:

- The user sets alarm for 07:00 am

- The user has to keep phone on his/her bed.

- The app measures sleeping cycle based on user's movements  and noise via accelerometer and microphone.

- Based on this input a graph is created.

- The alarm then rings at random times based on the light sleep calculation e.g. at 6:50 am or 6:45am depending on the app's calculations but no later than 7:00am.

A more research could be done by your R&D department. This is a good topic in today's AI and Machine Learning age :smiling-face:

Thanks

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hi @rajaamerkhan 

It does seem like a nice feature to have!

I can see that measurment could be a problem (as it requires that users have their devices lying next to them on their bed, and that there's no noise in the house).
So I will forward that to our development team, but I do not expect that, if accepted, it is going to be implemented anytime soon, as additional research is required  :winking-face:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

rajaamerkhan
Navigator
Options

Yes. Agreed.

A bit of research is required on this. Even if we can achieve 70-80% accuracy that will still be a big achievement.

Thanks for forwarding to your team :smiling-face: