Support

Open search
Suggestions
Suggestions
Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Likes
Explorer

Can this be allowed for S9

6 Comments
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Status changed to: Needs Info

@djshaunyg,

Could you please provide more information regarding your suggestion? What do you think should be allowed?  

Superuser I
Superuser I

I think it's about Quick Measure app. 

If so then it can't be used on S9 / S9+ because the app requires 3D Deph Camera to work. 

https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/quick-measure/

Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator

@djshaunyg,

If you suggest adding the Quick Measure app to the Samsung S9 / S9+, unfortunately it cannot be provided due to the hardware limitations of the camera :(.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us!  
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed

Explorer

Yes i meant the quick measure app.

I have an ipad pro that can use there own measure app that works really well without a 3D depth camera.

I also downloaded a Google Measure app on my s9 from the Google Playsrore that had lots of potential (without the use of a 3D depth camera).

I was wondering if it could be added without the use of a 3D depth camera to the s9 similar to the two options mentioned above.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Probably the Quick Measure app is designed to strictly use 3D deph camera and to enable it to work without deph camera would require a big change in app code or even rewriting the app. 

So the apps are simply divided into two groups the ones that require deph camera and those which doesn't.