Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RCS message

0 Likes

When will samsung enable RCS within there messaging app have just used Android Message and its awesome, so will samsung be enabling this in the future? Even In partnership with Google 

5 Comments
BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Hi @Mikeeb83 

RCS/Chat is already available in the native Samsung messages app.

All I needed to do was switch on RCS in the app settings.20191115_230041.jpg

20191115_230106.jpg

Archimedes529
First Poster
Options

It's not available to everyone in Samsung Messages yet. I hope it will be soon.

My Galaxy Note10 on Verizon doesn't have it available.

viv_matt
Voyager
Options

Samsung should allow all their mobile phones purchased outside of contracts to be able to use RCS messaging among other options. If you pay £1300.00 for a product and you're not tied up in a contract, you should be free to use all available options. 

ryamoo
Helping Hand
Options

I've just commented on the other suggestion about RCS, but I think the RCS/Chat option is dependent on network. I don't see the option to enable it. If your network doesn't support it, you won't see the option.

Google's implementation uses their own servers so in theory is available to everyone where Google have enabled it regardless of your network. 

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Mikeeb83 

RCS is supported by this device, so the only restriction should be from your network provider :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: