Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pop up for charging option

Hi guys,

I am thinking that whenever we put phone on charge, we should be presented with two option, Fast or slow charge, that pop up should stay for 10 seconds and if no input was selected phone charge as per default charge setting.

This will be the best solution for both types of requirment as sometime people go for slow charge and sometime people want really fast charge

What do you think peeps?

🙂

9 Comments
TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hey @NewAge 

That does sound interesting!

But I would prefer to see if there is a lot of support for it first, as I have seen some similar solutions that were not really liked by majority of users, or some of them (like the window that appears each time Screen recording is enabled).

And a lot of users just want to plug in the charger and be done with it, so they might find it annoying.

NewAge
Navigator
Options

Hello @TomaszT Sir 🙂

Thanks for liking it.

There isnt anything to be annoyed about, as I said, it should only be there for few seconds, you choose if you would, if not phone will still charge on your default charging option

Pop-up will disappear if there is no input within certain time frame

I think 10 sec at the most will be perfect.

Peeps, what do you think?

Please vote 

go go go

mun_96
Pioneer
Options

I think it's an excellent idea as slow charging preserves long-term battery life better but fast charging can be convenient in some situations. I.e. can slow charge overnight but if you need top up during day, a quick fast charge. 

A pop up when connecting charger I  think would work and if users don't bother to select option on pop up, the pop up disappears after a few seconds and it charges according to your default settings.

BenGinders
Helping Hand
Options

Or a notification with a simple off an on option when plugged in (we used to have a similar one that gave the choice for connection type i.e file transfer etc..

Failing that Quick Panel toggle, then users can choose to have that option in their toggles or not:thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

TomaszT
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @NewAge  & @BenGinders 

Those solutions are convincing enough for me :smiling-face:

So I will share that with the development team! 

NewAge
Navigator
Options

Thank you @TomaszT 

Lets hope developer pulls the finger out and do something about it

🙂

Bertie_bunghol
Navigator
Options

Absolutely brilliant idea,  this is definitely  something that should be implemented, I cannot  support this enough!!!

Ribenamoustache
Explorer
Options
Nope, not for me. I have my phones for 1 year max so don't give two hoots about battery longevity. Maybe if there was an option to enable or disable the pop up then that could be a solution but, yeah, I want to plug my phone in and it to charge as quickly as possible all of the time.
mun_96
Pioneer
Options

@Ribenamoustache yes with the pop up, you can still charge it without worrying. If you choose not to select an option and just put your phone on charge and leave it, it would just charge at your default setting which for you would be 'fast charge' so you can still plug in and forget about it if that is what you would like. 

Alternatively, as you suggested, there could be an option to just disable the pop up and charge according to settings you choose all the time whilst still allowing users to have a pop up option if they want.