Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please allow removal of Facebook

Please allow the removal of the spyware that is called Facebook and it's services. I really don't understand why these are system apps.

9 Comments
Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

Hi. 

You can disable them by opening the Phone Settings,  Apps, Clicking on 3 DOTS, click Show system apps,  then choose the app or service you are interested in to turn off, and click DISABLE. 20191228_040430.jpg

Hope this will help.

Edutchieuk
Journeyman
Options

Yes you can disable it but that is not the point. Why is this a system app, facebook and it's associated service should be removable all together.

BackDaws
Navigator
Options

Agreed, we should be able to remove it, why is it system app ?

Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

I guess it might be (and it is just a guess) related to  some kind of agreement between companies, similar to (for example) OneDrive, Google Drive etc. Those services and apps are also built in the system.  It might be just to advertise this service to users but honestly I don't know the answer to your question, it's just my guess. 

S117
Journeyman
Options

I think @Leon24xxx  has hit the nail on the head there.  It's likely Samsung receive some form of revenue or discounted advertising via Facebook etc. For their devices having Facebook as a system app

Leon24xxx
Pathfinder
Options

And regarding to disabled processes, as far as I was able to check once disabled it doesn't re-enable itself and it doesn't appear to be running in background.

MagdalenaG
Helping Hand
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hi @Edutchieuk,

Facebook is one of our pre-installed apps, as it's required to be by some agreements with the carriers. Therefore, it's not possible to delete it, you can only disable the app.

wandaluzt
Explorer
Options

People should be allowed to do what they like with a device they've purchased. Pre-install it by all means but preventing users who've bought your phones from removing it (or anything else they don't use) completely is just plain wrong. It's that kind of attitude that will lose you the early adopter tech savvy customers that are your evangelists and drive your sales. Very short sighted decision. 

samoz83
Pioneer
Options
How come it isn't removable on the non carrier devices we buy direct from Samsung etc? I'd understand if I brought it from a carrier.