Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions

Post your ideas here to help improve the One UI user experience and existing features!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dark Mode toggle for individual apps

Dark Mode is a great addition but, for me, some apps work better visually in Dark Mode than others. As an example, although I much prefer Dark Mode for most apps, Gallery is visually much easier to look at with a white background. Same goes for the Internet Browser. It would be great to be able to toggle Dark Mode on or off for each individual app rather than having only a system-wide on/off functionality.

3 Comments
MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options
Status changed to: Reviewed

Hey @Yak0b,

I am really glad that you've joined our Beta Programme. I hope you'll enjoy it :smiling-face:

Thank you very much for this suggestion and for sharing your opinion with us. I've just sent your suggestion to our development team, hopefully some changes can be made :smiling-face:

For instance, in 'More options' of each Samsung native app there could be an additional option that would allow users to choose whether the selected application should be adapted to the Dark Mode. The feature would be useful especially for some applications, as you have already said, the Internet Browser is a good example :smiling-face:

Have a great day!

iampdutton
Student
Options

@Yak0b wrote:

Dark Mode is a great addition but, for me, some apps work better visually in Dark Mode than others. As an example, although I much prefer Dark Mode for most apps, Gallery is visually much easier to look at with a white background. Same goes for the Internet Browser. It would be great to be able to toggle Dark Mode on or off for each individual app rather than having only a system-wide on/off functionality.

Also when using dark mode please change it so that the navigation bar is always dark not just when the keyboard is down. Screenshot_20191123-175308_Samsung Internet.jpg

MartynaK
Beta Moderator
Beta Moderator
Options

Hey @iampdutton,

Thanks for this suggestion! I've forwarded your suggestion to our development team :winking-face:.

Recently Updated Ideas